Tanner Scott and Cole Sulser traded to Marlins

MurphDogg

29 minutes ago, Jammer7 said:

Baker looks like he’s got some arm fatigue, maybe. I don’t see the hop on the ball he had. 

Maybe, but he was hitting 96-97 in the first inning the other night and I thought he was a 93-94 guy.

20 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Like our bullpen better without Suiser and Scott.

Sulser and Scott both have options.  The O's organization would be deeper if they were still Orioles.  Whether they are in the minors or the majors.   The O's have not had a lot of injuries to the pen.   Ellis, A Wells.  Kremer should be available soon.   The injuries could be a lot worse which would tax the O's pen depth.

Apparently Kevin Guiterrez was one of their “top bats” of their class the year he signed. I haven’t seen anything on what the new guy throws. I wonder if we see them crack the FCL roster?

Looks to me like the trade gets rank as,

Comp Pick

Cash Savings from Sulser and Scott

Guerrero

Velez

Rivera

8 hours ago, RZNJ said:

Maybe, but he was hitting 96-97 in the first inning the other night and I thought he was a 93-94 guy.

I did not see the game he opened. That’s a good sign then. The velo was there in the Spring. Did it have late movement?