2022 Orioles Prospects Power Rankings (Top 40)

Tony-OH

5 minutes ago, waroriole said:

I would guess Wagner and Beavers in the 10ish range. Fabian around 15. 

I wouldn't presume to put "words" in Tony's mouth, but I have a hard time seeing either of them debuting over Kjerstad, so 10 at the highest 

52 minutes ago, seak05 said:

Holliday I would presume will debut fairly high, but will be curious to see where the next highest ranked draft pick is

Yeah, I haven't really looked at it yet. when the draft is over and guys start signing, I'll take a longer look.

I would rank Wagner ahead of Beavers even though Beavers was drafted higher.   I expect Wagner to produce and his ceiling is just as high as those two (Beavers and Fabian) even though they might be overall toolsier.   Is it fair to rank Wagner ahead of Norby?

15 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

I would rank Wagner ahead of Beavers even though Beavers was drafted higher.   I expect Wagner to produce and his ceiling is just as high as those two (Beavers and Fabian) even though they might be overall toolsier.   Is it fair to rank Wagner ahead of Norby?

Personally, I wouldn’t rank anyone other than Holliday in our top 15 yet.  Let them prove what they can do in pro ball.  

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

Personally, I wouldn’t rank anyone other than Holliday in our top 15 yet.  Let them prove what they can do in pro ball.  

Seems unfair to give Holliday a pass but not the other draftees. 

1 hour ago, RZNJ said:

Seems unfair to give Holliday a pass but not the other draftees. 

Even if Holliday has a .500 OPS this summer, I wouldn’t take him out of our top 5.   He’s 18 years old and hasn’t played against high level competition.  I feel differently about the college guys.  
(That said, if Holliday has a .500 OPS this summer, I’ll be freaking out.)

15 hours ago, Frobby said:

This only seems reasonable to me if you really believe in Basallo, Benscosme and probably a couple pitchers or int’l guys.

No way I’m ranking someone like Rom above Beavers or Wagner though.

To put it another way, if Beavers is our #16 prospect, our system is absolutely loaded.

When the rankings are officially done at the end of the year, obviously upside and ceiling are taken into consideration along with their draft status (bonus) weighing in for the first year when we don't have a lot of professional stats to use.

On 4/6/2022 at 2:36 PM, Tony-OH said:

Notes: Think of these rankings like an unofficial prospect rankings that will be adjusted throughout the year. To be eligible for the rankings, a player must still be considered a rookie by MLB standards and assigned to a minor league team. Players placed on injured lists are eligible once they have played in 2022. Rankings will be updated every Monday. Rankings will be expanded to 50 when FCL and DSL seasons open up.

Orioles Prospect Power Rankings (as of July 24th)  

RK Name POS PR Up/down Team INJ
1 Gunnar Henderson SS/3B 1   Nor (AAA)  
2 Grayson Rodriguez RHP 2   Nor (AAA) IL
3 D.L. Hall LHP 3   Nor (AAA)  
4 Colton Cowser OF 6 Up BOW (AA)  
5 Jordan Westburg SS/3B 4 Down Nor (AAA)  
6 Coby Mayo 3B 5 Down BOW (AA) IL
7 Kyle Stowers RF 7   Nor (AAA)  
8 Heston Kjerstad OF 8   ABN (A+)  
9 Cesar Prieto 2B 9   BOW (AA)  
10 Connor Norby 2B 10   BOW (AA)  
11 Darnell Hernaiz INF 14 Up ABN (A+)  
12 Terrin Vavra 2B/CF 15 Up Nor (AAA)  
13 Carter Baumler RHP 11 Down DEL (A) IL
14 Samuel Basallo C 12 Down FCL  
15 Noah Denoyer RHP 13 Down Bow (AA)  
16 John Rhodes OF 16   ABN (A+)  
17 Carlos Tavera RHP 17   ABN (A+)  
18 Drew Rom LHP 18   Bow (AA)  
19 Frederick Bencosme INF 22 Up Del (A)  
20 Aron Estrada INF 23 Up DSL  
21 Jean Pinto RHP 19 Down ABN (A+)  
22 Ignacio Feliz RHP 20 Down ABN (A+)  
23 Braylin Tavera OF 21 Down DSL  
24 Hudson Haskin OF 24   Bow (AA)  
25 Justin Armbruester RHP 25   BOW (AA)  
26 Juan De Los Santos RHP 28 Up DEL (A)  
27 Mike Baumann RHP 29 Up Nor (AAA)  
28 Nick Vespi LHP 30 Up Nor (AAA)  
29 Leandro Arias INF UR Up DSL  
30 Joey Ortiz SS UR Up Bow (AA)  

Bubble Players          

Collin Burns SS     ABN (A+)  
  Ryan Watson RHP     Bow (AA)  
  Maverick Handley C     Bow (AA)  
  Maikol Hernandez SS      FCL  
  Chris Vallimont RHP     Nor (AAA)  
  Logan Gillaspie RHP     Nor (AAA)  
  Yusniel Diaz OF     Nor (AAA)  
  Zach Peek RHP     Bow (AA) IL
  Anderson De Los Santos INF 26 Down FCL  
  Adam Hall UTL 27 Down BOW (AA) IL

Back to weekly despite being off most of the week, decided to make some decent changes. No new draftees are eligible until they play in a game.

• Like 1

Joey Ortiz has probably got to move up in the rankings pretty soon. Lousy first three months in Bowie but batting .400+/.430+/.675+ in July.

Hopefully he is solid over the final 8 weeks of the season and ends up back in the teens in the rankings by the end of the season.