Kevin Brown (announcer, not former pitcher)

joelala

1 hour ago, joelala said:

So you’re saying the first time you heard him you were enamored? I think anytime I hear a new broadcaster I have to feel them out for some time before I make a judgement. I’m still feeling out Kevin, and as I do so, I’m starting to like him. Hence, he’s growing on me. And agree, I really like Ben and find his small vocabulary act quite funny. 

I agree.  Fans have to get used to an announcer’s style.  And, an announcer has to grow into the job.  I think most of the O’s younger announcers have improved a lot over the last two seasons.  Brown has the potential to become an outstanding announcer - he’s pretty good right now and will only get better IMO.  

• Upvote 2

20 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

He's ok.  I think he tries too hard with the pop culture references sometimes.  

At the end of the day, I don't care what they're explaining to me, I can see that with my own eyes.  Give me the Jon Miller/Joe Angel/Gary Thorne golden pipes.  

This. I like his voice, but that’s it. The stupid pop culture references are dumb and have nothing to do with baseball. 

Even though I was from SoCal I was never a Dodger fan, but loved Vin Scully. His stories were interspersed with his calls of the action and almost always involved something baseball related to a team or player on the field. A true professional.

• Upvote 1