Mateo Trade Potential

RVAOsFan

18 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Elias would have a lot of leverage here. It would not surprise me if he got Stone and Pepiot. They’re two spare parts for the Dodgers, but would be cheap #3/#4 types for us.  Ortiz can cover the Mateo role until Holliday is here, which isn’t too far away. 

They aren’t getting 2 top 10 prospects  from arguably the best farm system in the sport for Mateo. 

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, sevastras said:

And damaged LCL. Doubt they are trading for Mateo, he isn’t that much of an upgrade over Rojas. 

Rojas is 34, so I think the Dodgers would view Mateo more favorably. Mateo potentially could break out in a big way this year. 

2 hours ago, jabba72 said:

Rojas is 34, so I think the Dodgers would view Mateo more favorably. Mateo potentially could break out in a big way this year. 

As a one year fill in why would age even matter? And Mateo already peaked last season. There's literally no where for him to go but down. 

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Elias would have a lot of leverage here. It would not surprise me if he got Stone and Pepiot. They’re two spare parts for the Dodgers, but would be cheap #3/#4 types for us.  Ortiz can cover the Mateo role until Holliday is here, which isn’t too far away. 

Mateo is a marginal (if any) upgrade over the Dodgers in-house replacement options. They're certainly not going to decimate the upper half of their farm system for a career .225 hitter with little or no offensive upside. I don't even think he's enough to land one of those arms (by himself) let alone two. 

The Dodgers also have other in-house options than Rojas. They could shift Taylor to SS and platoon Heyward/Thompson in the OF. Their situation isn't ideal, but it's certainly not as dire as you're making it out to be. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, HakunaSakata said:

As a one year fill in why would age even matter? And Mateo already peaked last season. There's literally no where for him to go but down. 

It's not a given Mateo would be a one year fill in for them. If he has another good year they could move Lux back to 2b if/when he returns. Your stance on Mateo's low value to the Dodgers is based on a belief he won't live up to last year—that might very well be true, but it might not and there's no guarantee what the Dodgers think of him. 

That said you're right it's pretty obvious they're not getting Stone and Pepiot. Maybe not even one of them. But I do think Mateo could be appealing to the Dodgers.