Grayson Rodriguez 2023

Just Regular

8 hours ago, Chaka Garcia said:

I wonder what they did different to get him back on track. I see someone  like Manoah from the BlueJays or Taj Bradley from Tampa sent to the minors, the stints did not really help them.

During the FS1 broadcast last night, Verducci noted in a side-by-side that Grayson changed his starting position with his hands/glove (much lower now, waist height compared to upper chest height earlier).  Verducci posited that this had two fold effect (1) masking any sign of tipped pitches which he implied was issue early in season, and (2) actually improved velocity on FB.

to me, hitters still pick up on the change-up more so than I would expect for quality of stuff.  In terms of rest of pitches last night, FB velocity was great, just barely missing location wise and breaking ball was sharp aside from hanger to Grichuck. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, waroriole said:

No he isn’t. 

He's in the AAA rotation and based on Pipeline he's in the current top 4 pitching prospects in the Orioles organization. If you don't think he wants to do everything he can to try to earn himself a chance in the Majors, than that would just be ignorance talking.

9 hours ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

He's in the AAA rotation and based on Pipeline he's in the current top 4 pitching prospects in the Orioles organization. If you don't think he wants to do everything he can to try to earn himself a chance in the Majors, than that would just be ignorance talking.

I’m sure he’d like to. I was doubting that he’s well regarded. 

9 hours ago, Frobby said:

Big game for Grayson today.  We need someone to restore order after last night’s chaos.  6 quality innings would be much appreciated. 

Ho hum.  I didn't see the game, but looking at the box score it looks like he wasn't too bad and was unlucky due to an error.  Did he deserve to get taken out so early or did Hyde maybe go to the bullpen too early (as he does sometimes in my opinion)?

4 minutes ago, EddeeEddee said:

Ho hum.  I didn't see the game, but looking at the box score it looks like he wasn't too bad and was unlucky due to an error.  Did he deserve to get taken out so early or did Hyde maybe go to the bullpen too early (as he does sometimes in my opinion)?

His pitch count was in the 80's and he wasn't sharp. Velo dropped down to 94 a few times. Definitely appeared to be laboring. He could easily have been taken out after 4. Irvin got ready in the bottom of the 4th but Hyde stretched for a couple more batters. I have no problem with Hyde's decision.

8 minutes ago, EddeeEddee said:

He was at 89 pitches through 4.1 long innings. Did he deserve to be taken out?

2 hours ago, Malike said:

He was at 89 pitches through 4.1 long innings. Did he deserve to be taken out?

I agreed with the decision.  The game was still close, and looked like it was about to get out of hand.  Grayson wasn’t at his sharpest today.  And Irvin has the ability to throw multiple innings.  

2 hours ago, Baltimorecuse said:

Hyde knows exactly what he is doing with the pitchers.  Grayson was laboring.  Hyde wasn't going to let that go on.  Our post season will depend on three starters.  Hyde wants those three as physically and mentally sharp as possible.  

It's sad that we don't know who the 3 starters are.  Bradish of course.  Will Grayson get back on track?  Kremer even though he's just an average starter usually doesn't blow up.  Means is a wild card, but probably too much to ask coming back from injury.

I thought the entire team looked tired and worn out tonight....including Grayson.  They could use a day off and a night in their own bed.

Also you could see on Grayson's face when Urias let that ball go under his glove that he was completely pissed off and lost all focus.   Before that he was cruising. 

Edited by OnlyOneOriole

2 hours ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

I thought the entire team looked tired and worn out tonight....including Grayson.  They could use a day off and a night in their own bed.

Also you could see on Grayson's face when Urias let that ball go under his glove that he was completely pissed off and lost all focus.   Before that he was cruising. 

That's what I mean when I say Grayson is a head case.  How many hits has that defense saved for Grayson?