Overall 3-3 in the first away road trip not too bad

Tony-OH

1 minute ago, SteveA said:

I have a feeling we don't see Tate in 2023.  The injury occurred in November and was kept quiet all winter and there hasn't been a single update since the first day of camp.  And it's forearm soreness, which unfortunately is often a precursor to Tommy John surgery if rest doesn't work.

If this is the case why tender him a contract?

4 minutes ago, SteveA said:

I have a feeling we don't see Tate in 2023.  The injury occurred in November and was kept quiet all winter and there hasn't been a single update since the first day of camp.  And it's forearm soreness, which unfortunately is often a precursor to Tommy John surgery if rest doesn't work.

As for Givens, I wouldn't expect it to be too long.  It's a knee injury, and they thought it had healed well enough for him to try to pitch last Sunday (26th).  Turns out it hadn't, it hurt too much and he had to give up after ten pitches and threw his glove down in frustration.  But the fact that they thought it was healed enough to give it a try 11 days ago means that he is probably very close by now.  I'd be surprised if we don't hear good news such as starting a minor league rehab assignment in the next few days.

The most recent thing I've read about Tate is that he's throwing side sessions and making progress. Expected to miss the first month of the season.

1 minute ago, maybenxtyr said:

The most recent thing I've read about Tate is that he's throwing side sessions and making progress. Expected to miss the first month of the season.

Ok I missed that.  Potential good news.  Hope I was wrong!

16 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I was happy with how the team bounced back in Texas.  The sting of game 2 in Boston still lingers for me, but the team quickly moved past it and it didn’t cause a tailspin.  I’d rather be 4-2,  but 3-3 on the road is never too bad.

The team hasn’t been completely consistent in any phase of the game, but overall I’d say more bright spots than dark ones.   I feel like the approach at the plate has been better, even if the bats did cool a little in Texas.   

As did the Rangers'!

42 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Solid trip for sure. A bit of a letdown since we were one dropped pop up from a series win in Boston, and we got to the Texas bullpen tied against Degrom. The odds of losing both those games has to be under 1% but we did. 

Hard to tell from small samples. The biggest eye test takeaways are Mateo swinging a hot bat and Grayson having a successful debut. Frazier looks like a solid pickup. 

Voth may be in trouble. Poor spring and two shaky appearances to start. Was DFA'd by one organization so the track record is marginal. Looks like the regression could be even more than we hoped. Baker also looks shaky after a shaky spring. A lot of us were hoping he might take a Big Leap this year but looks like that's not gonna happen. 

How is a 2-2 game with both teams in the bullpen a 1% chance to lose for the O's? 😏

5 minutes ago, spleen1015 said:

How is a 2-2 game with both teams in the bullpen a 1% chance to lose for the O's? 😏

I said the odds of losing both of those games was 1%. They should have won at least one of them. We were 95% to win the Boston game before the dropped pop up, then we were 55% to win after Adley's leadoff walk vs Degrom. I guess the odds of losing both is more like 2-3% but it's low.  

25 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

I think Hydec said he might be back Mid May to late May if all goes well. He is only on the 15 day IL 

Which DL you are on doesn't mean anything.   They don't put a guy on the 60 until they need a roster spot.   

I hope he can come back in May.