Could You Win More Games With This Team?

Bahama O's Fan

48 minutes ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

With the current roster and talent in the minors, do you think that you could do a better job than Hyde and company when it comes to daily decision on personnel management, playing time and in game decisions? 

Haven't you seen the ongoing questioning Hyde thread? Why start another one? 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

With the current roster and talent in the minors, do you think that you could do a better job than Hyde and company when it comes to daily decision on personnel management, playing time and in game decisions? 

I think if you look at this in any objective format, that almost anyone here could, without hesitation, unequivocally and without even a smidgen of a doubt...not do better than Hyde and company. 

• Upvote 2

I have seen many posters on here, in FORESIGHT, not hindsight, call out a bad move and it works out exactly how they called it. Obviously we are not professionals like Hyde and others, but man, if all you have to do all day is this with no other job, I bet some on here feel like they could do better. 

There are a lot of things I look at with the O's and MLB in general that I think I can do better, but here I am not employed by MLB.

If I can teach 12 year old girls to hit outside pitches to RF and inside pitches to LF, I don't think it should be that hard for a ML hitter to be able to do the same thing. 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, Orioles0615 said:

I won 91 games with this team and went to the ALCS in OOTP in 2023. So obviously yes 

None of our prospects are rated as high as what we think they should be. Pretty sure the popular opinion here before the season was Westburg should be the starting 2B. His ratings in OOTP compared to Frazier/Urias are not very good.

I've played 2023 3 times already with OOTP24 and it's too random to really get an accurate idea without simming 100 or so seasons and taking averages. In one sim Adley had an OPS under .600, in another over .850.

4 hours ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

It's pretty clear to me if this was a poll, about 80% of the Hangouters would say "yes".  I'm not one of those who think I know more than those who make the decisions.  I don't agree with all of them, but come on....really, is this a serious question, or just messing with people?!?!

I feel like a better title of this thread / question would be "Have the Orioles Outgrown Brandon Hyde"? I know we're only 10 games into the season, but it appears they have. DHing Henderson, then watching him play like a gold glover, when he's in the field, not utilizing Stowers, forcing Urias and Mateo into the lineup just about every game, constantly playing Santander in the field, several questionable pitching decisions, the list goes on and on. I'm beginning to think that Hyde was more of a transitional manager than a great mind and I'd be amazed if he makes it through the season. I'm not sure who's available, but we really need someone better because it seems like he's in over his head. 

Spoiler

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, HakunaSakata said:

I feel like a better title of this thread / question would be "Have the Orioles Outgrown Brandon Hyde"? I know we're only 10 games into the season, but it appears they have. DHing Henderson, then watching him play like a gold glover, when he's in the field, not utilizing Stowers, forcing Urias and Mateo into the lineup just about every game, constantly playing Santander in the field, several questionable pitching decisions, the list goes on and on. I'm beginning to think that Hyde was more of a transitional manager than a great mind and I'd be amazed if he makes it through the season. I'm not sure who's available, but we really need someone better because it seems like he's in over his head. 

Reveal hidden contents

This is ridiculous.

• Upvote 2