Royals series

Going Underground

The Royals offense is no joke. They’ve been bad to begin the year, but their young hitters can mash. Witt, Melendez and Pasquantino can really hit. It’s also like maybe they knew what was coming, at times. Perhaps our old friend Lyle has been giving the young hitters some tendencies of our sequencing and such. 

9 minutes ago, oriole said:

Did it have to be that hard? Makes me nervous to face the good teams. Though, they played up to the competition last year so hopefully that continues 

Maybe the big crowd will be just what they need to pick it up. They'll need a boost with those pitching matchups.

11 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I’ll pretty much take 2 out of 3 any time against any team.  But, it was not a pleasing series to watch.  

I hated this series lol. Really frustrating to watch all our guys pitch so poorly. Not holding leads. 

But... at least we left with the series W.

3 hours ago, Jammer7 said:

The Royals offense is no joke. They’ve been bad to begin the year, but their young hitters can mash. Witt, Melendez and Pasquantino can really hit. It’s also like maybe they knew what was coming, at times. Perhaps our old friend Lyle has been giving the young hitters some tendencies of our sequencing and such. 

Yes, people forget: the Royals are a major league team, as are the A's and Tigers (ask the Mets about them!). You're never as good as you look when winning, never as bad as you look when losing, etc. Fermin raked today, but he's a few days shy of 28 and had less than 10 big league at-bats coming in--we probably had no book or warning on him, but now we do.

Are the Royals really an 8-24 (projected 54-108) team with pitchers like Greinke, Yarbrough, Lyles, and Chapman?

Gibson had allowed 2 ER through 6 innings yesterday, but y'all acting like he shd have shut down KC the whole game. Who expects that? Not me.

I had a pitching coach who would say from time to time “You know, they bring those bats up there for a reason”.  Sometimes you’re just going to give up contact, and sometimes it’ll be hard contact.  But good lord does this pitching staff need to get sorted out.  The strange thing with Kremer is it seems like he’s added a touch of velocity.  Not sure what’s going on with Bradish.  Across the board there have been struggles with control.  We need more talent.

1 hour ago, Emory Eagle said:

I had a pitching coach who would say from time to time “You know, they bring those bats up there for a reason”.  Sometimes you’re just going to give up contact, and sometimes it’ll be hard contact.  But good lord does this pitching staff need to get sorted out.  The strange thing with Kremer is it seems like he’s added a touch of velocity.  Not sure what’s going on with Bradish.  Across the board there have been struggles with control.  We need more talent.

I would upvote this, but for some reason it seems like @Tony-OH has restricted me from doing so.

10 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

I would upvote this, but for some reason it seems like @Tony-OH has restricted me from doing so.

Lol. You have more than 500 posts. If you would like to continue to be full member please consider becoming a plus member. All the cool kids are doing so! :D

Not a pretty series, but I’m sure some casual fans are moonwalking onto this forum today thinking “Alright, 21-9! We won another series, put up 24 runs the last 3 games, let’s see what the OH has to say!”

Finds: doom, doom, doom, doom, doom, Adley, doom, doom, doom, Cano, doom, doom, doom, doom, doom…

quickly slams laptop shut. 😀

2/3. I’ll take it. An ugly series and we might have played down to our competition a bit. Man, I hate that team. It’s not even Kaufmann stadium anymore. I hate their powder blue uniforms. Amir Garret is a clown that just wants to brawl. 

Amit Garret is the type of dude that would hit Terrin Vavra on purpose.