Os acquiring Fujinami for Easton Lucas

Sports Guy

33 minutes ago, HakunaSakata said:

I honestly think the walks were just nerves. He really settled down and looked pretty unhittable after the first two batters. Unfortunately Jorge Mateo forgot how to do the one thing he's supposed to do well. 

I didn't realize Jorge Mateo was supposed to be the Iron Dome.

He's thrown like 50% strikes in both of his outings combined. He's never been a control pitcher and despite showing some progress lately with the walks, it's a part of his game. I'm not down on him, let him get accustomed to the atmosphere and he'll likely be a net gain, we do need another arm back there.

Not giving up on him. Natural to have some nerves coming to a new team. Hopefully he finds it and becomes the reliable member of the bullpen we so desperately need. 

Elias still should try and get another quality reliever either way. 

Dude can really throw the ball hard,  but he's gotta find the strike zone.  Also, not seeing much movement on his pitches.  Batters at this level can hit 100mph center-cut fastballs all day long.  With that being said, there's a lot there to work with.  I guess we'll find out pretty soon if Elias and Sig really do have a "secret sauce" for pitchers.

29 minutes ago, HakunaSakata said:

Go troll someone else, I'm not in the mood. 

Calling out silly takes isn't trolling.

At no point in the history of the game would that play be considered an error regardless of your silly take.

And it's important that they be called out, otherwise entire silly narratives emerge.

• Upvote 3

18 hours ago, rudyrooster said:

Dude can really throw the ball hard,  but he's gotta find the strike zone.  Also, not seeing much movement on his pitches.  Batters at this level can hit 100mph center-cut fastballs all day long.  With that being said, there's a lot there to work with.  I guess we'll find out pretty soon if Elias and Sig really do have a "secret sauce" for pitchers.

He is known for his "flat" pitches.   He has had some success because he can throw very fast, but it is very straight...  Sadly not much movement.  I wonder if he can grip the ball a little differently to impart some better movement....?  I guess people have probably tried all kinds of things to help him along....

43 minutes ago, DocJJ said:

He is known for his "flat" pitches.   He has had some success because he can throw very fast, but it is very straight...  Sadly not much movement.  I wonder if he can grip the ball a little differently to impart some better movement....?  I guess people have probably tried all kinds of things to help him along....

He’s been successful in relief before the trade. He hopefully has done with the jitters and can pick up where he left off in Oakland 

Throwing hard does not impress me one whit if you have no reliable clue where it is going.  His performance yesterday was  unacceptable whatever the excuses or rationalizations. And he gave up a HR in his first outing. But all this is on Elias for not improving this bullpen at all. 

28 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

Throwing hard does not impress me one whit if you have no reliable clue where it is going.  His performance yesterday was  unacceptable whatever the excuses or rationalizations. And he gave up a HR in his first outing. But all this is on Elias for not improving this bullpen at all. 

Two outings.  You can look at the bad ( 3 runs) or the good (dominant stuff).    Too soon to pass judgement on this move.  I think it’s 50/50 that you might have to eat your words.