Update Again Again: OPACY lease officially official, done and approved, for real this time

spleen1015

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

Is it 30 years or is it 15 and opt outs?

I think it’s still what was reported last Friday. Os can choose to opt out after 15 years if the development deal doesn’t materialize in the next 4 years. I’m not sure if they have to make the choice to opt out at that point in time or if they can wait and make the decision closer to 2038.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ThisIsBirdland said:

I think it’s still what was reported last Friday. Os can choose to opt out after 15 years if the development deal doesn’t materialize in the next 4 years. I’m not sure if they have to make the choice to opt out at that point in time or if they can wait and make the decision closer to 2038.

Right. Also the Orioles got naming rights for the stadium back in 2001. So not new but discussed naming the stadium in 2022.

Unless I missed him, Angelos wasn’t present for today’s ceremonial back slapping. The statement released is from “The Orioles”. The statement has nothing from Angelos until the end, wherein he credits “the Management Group” for putting this deal together. 

Either John Angelos has gained a tremendous amount of humility overnight, or he’s not so subtly suggesting this was not his preferred outcome. Or maybe I’m reading more into this than I should.

• Upvote 2