Jackson Holliday 2024

btdart20

1 hour ago, baltfan said:

I guess we will have to agree to disagree.  It could be the incredibly immature decision to nit understand he maybe has no idea what he will want 5 years from now and could well be a completely different person.  Then again, maybe he knows he has a wife that will tolerate whatever he does.  There definitely are many of these types of wives in sports. 

I have no clue what you’re trying to say, but I gather you have a very different view on marriage than JH does. Who is to say you’re right and he’s wrong?

• Upvote 1

He's only been in the lineup three games.  Not surprised he's struggling to hit with all the unnecessary baseball media hype all around him.  Cowser, Ortiz and Stowers all struggled for awhile, and I think Gunnar maybe did too.  

3 hours ago, baltimoriole said:

Do you think Holliday scuffling because he’s worried the Ripken’s may ask for #7 back? 
if you didn’t know better, you’d think he was batting with a blindfold on.

Yes, he’s scuffling because the weight of #7 is just absolutely insane. And he’s so worried about letting his father down, and the fact that his father was sitting in the FRONT ROW has made him crack. It’s an unbelievable burden, being Matt Holliday’s kid and then having MATT HOLLIDAY watch you try to get your first hit. 

On top of that, the Orioles had 15,000 T-shirts with Jackson on at the gate Friday night for a giveaway and that’s just a massive cross to bear. 

A jersey number from someone he never met and probably doesn’t know much about, his all-star 44.5 WAR father who seems like an ultimate hardass and sits in the FRONT ROW, and 15,000 t-shirts. 

Its enough to make me think the pressure on him is unbelievable and has factored into why he hasn’t had a hit so far. 

I mean, think about it. If he was wearing #9, if his father maybe had 5 career WAR and was sitting under the overhang of the upper deck far away from the field, and if the Orioles were giving out seat cushions instead, he’d probably have 5 or 6 hits by now. 

Someone get Matt Holliday away from the field! 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

Right now he looks bad.  Really bad.  Almost looks like a high schooler trying to play in the major leagues.   Looks bad fielding.  Looks bad throwing.  Looks horrendous batting.  Like he has no idea what he is doing.

I am actually pretty shocked at how bad he looks.  I didn't think he would M Machado it right off the bat but I thought he would at least 'not suck'.

Right now he SUCKS.

That being said, I would rather have him live and learn so that he can be better later this year rather than play Kemp type retreads. 

Edited by OnlyOneOriole

3 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

Does he start tonight?

Hopefully.   Only way he gets better is by playing.  Plus he is batting 9th and it wasn't like Kemp or anyone else was doing any better before him.   He is like a beaten down stock with a 14 RSI.   It is so low that it has to bounce.   Holliday is the same.  He is playing so bad that the most likely next scenario is he has to play better. 

If he goes 0 for 50?  Then sit him lol. 

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

Yes. I hope so, at least. 

Keep trotting him out there. Sitting on the bench doesn’t do anything for him. 

I think sitting could allow for a “reset” of sorts, as opposed going right back out having this funk snowball.

But, DL is probably the weakest starter we’re facing this series. So it could be the best opportunity to break out.

• Upvote 1