2024 Ongoing Lineup Thread

spleen1015

19 minutes ago, jamalshw said:

Meh. Of course we all would rather Jackson Holliday was on the team instead of Kemp, but as long as he's on the team, I don't hate the fact he's in the lineup as much as I hate the fact both he and Urias are. I want Westburg in there everyday. I cringe at the lineups with two of Urias/Mateo/Kemp. 

Today is literally the first time Westy has sat. 

There should be no debate, the lineup today should be:

• Henderson - 3B
  • Adley - C
  • Holliday - 2B
  • Tony Taters - RF
  • Mounty - 1B
  • Mullins - CF
  • Westburg - DH
  • Cowser - LF
  • Mayo - 3B

But in reality - we are starting O'Hearn, Kemp, and Urias ....... good grief 

5 minutes ago, Fiver6565 said:

I don’t know why people keep lumping O’Hearn in on posts like this. The guy had one of the few over .800 OPS on the team last year. He’s not remotely the problem. 

I was just going to say the same thing. The early results have been great, which I was a bit of a skeptic to start the season.

1 hour ago, Fiver6565 said:

I don’t know why people keep lumping O’Hearn in on posts like this. The guy had one of the few over .800 OPS on the team last year. He’s not remotely the problem. 

Not only that, but he has been smoking balls.  I would give him some at-bats vs lefties. He actually did pretty well against them later in the season.

1 hour ago, foxfield said:

Today is literally the first time Westy has sat. 

I am aware. It's also immediately after a day off (and with an off-day just a few days prior). My point is I don't like Urias, Mateo or Kemp as starters...obviously you need bench guys and bench guys get ABs, but I don't want more than one of them in the lineup. That becomes difficult when you have Holliday and Mayo in AAA. Hopefully we don't have much more of this and we see Holliday and/or Mayo soon. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, jamalshw said:

Meh. Of course we all would rather Jackson Holliday was on the team instead of Kemp, but as long as he's on the team, I don't hate the fact he's in the lineup as much as I hate the fact both he and Urias are. I want Westburg in there everyday. I cringe at the lineups with two of Urias/Mateo/Kemp. 

I particularly don't understand sitting Westburg in a RHH friendly park like Fenway, right after an off day. It really doesn't make sense.

• Upvote 2

Just now, deward said:

I particularly don't understand sitting Westburg in a RHH friendly park like Fenway, right after an off day. It really doesn't make sense.

And he has been putting some good wood on the ball, even though the numbers haven't shown it. I was looking forward to him putting a beating on the monster today.

6 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

And he has been putting some good wood on the ball, even though the numbers haven't shown it. I was looking forward to him putting a beating on the monster today.

Agreed, same here.

1 hour ago, jamalshw said:

I am aware. It's also immediately after a day off (and with an off-day just a few days prior). My point is I don't like Urias, Mateo or Kemp as starters...obviously you need bench guys and bench guys get ABs, but I don't want more than one of them in the lineup. That becomes difficult when you have Holliday and Mayo in AAA. Hopefully we don't have much more of this and we see Holliday and/or Mayo soon. 

Yeah that's fair.  I think we all are sorta impatient with the coming talent, but it will happen.  Unfortunately we are in a watched pot never boils situation and it is just driving folks crazy.