I dont know if Im allowed to talk about the Tides on this page....but Stowers is ridiculous and so is Kjerstad

As I said in the minor league thread, Stowers had 7 RBI and didn’t even come close to leading the team in RBI for the night!

@cboemmeljrposted copious video highlights over in the minor league forum.  

Much credit to the Tides, but I believe the hitting conditions have been extremely favorable, with the wind blowing strongly out.  

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Much credit to the Tides, but I believe the hitting conditions have been extremely favorable, with the wind blowing strongly out.  

Perhaps, but they've also been posting some impressive EVs.

In 25 years from now, I can't wait to see Holliday, Mayo, Kjerstad, Norby and Stowers...all older, retired, but at some roundtable discussion on their careers, hosted by whatever 2049 version of Joe Buck exists.  This is all after multiple MVPs, Silver Sluggers and World Series titles, of course.  

Anyway, 2049 Joe Buck goes "So take me back to early 2024.  You guys all come in and put up awesome stats in Spring Training...and then the week before the season starts, you're ALL sent down to Triple-A when many people felt that you earned a spot on the major league team.  You guys get down to Norfolk and...what is said amongst you?  What are you feeling?"

Stowers:  "Well, I remember this game against, I think it was Charlotte.  We scored 26 runs or something."

Mayo:  "Yeah, we just took it out on the rest of the league until they were forced to call us up."

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Hmm... so none of our pitching prospects have talent?  Means also got rocked?  Makes you wonder... what's going on down there?  Juiced AAA ball?  Is that why Means struggled?  Is ball more slippery?

They should be using the ML ball.

• Upvote 1

Watching the Norfolk game from last night since I got MLB.tv this year I remembered I could watch the minor league games, too.  Minor league baseball is cool to watch but having the camera high and behind home plate for the pitch is obnoxious.

Also good to see 1992 ROY Pat Listach hanging around, too.

I just can't shake the feeling that Stowers and Norby are going to be flipped for pitching this season. Neither of them belong in AAA anymore, and neither of them are going to be mainstays in Baltimore, IMO. So we'll see Holiday when the service time issue is over, Mayo when one of Mountcastle or O'Hearn is hurt, and Kjerstad when an OFer goes down. Only problem is, what happens when an injured player comes back? That's the only reason why Stowers or Norby would come up, because they can more easily be sent back down compared to the big three. 

1 minute ago, Sanfran327 said:

I just can't shake the feeling that Stowers and Norby are going to be flipped for pitching this season. Neither of them belong in AAA anymore, and neither of them are going to be mainstays in Baltimore, IMO. So we'll see Holiday when the service time issue is over, Mayo when one of Mountcastle or O'Hearn is hurt, and Kjerstad when an OFer goes down. Only problem is, what happens when an injured player comes back? That's the only reason why Stowers or Norby would come up, because they can more easily be sent back down compared to the big three. 

What I don't get is why it wasn't done in the offseason.

It would seem to me that it would be easier to get a deal done at that time.

5 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Let them mash in the minors for the first few months, raise some value and trade while they're scorching hot.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Sanfran327 said:

I get that feeling too, but it is what it is.  Some of these guys are going to be traded, some of these guys are going to be squeezed out.  It sucks, but it is what it is.  There simply isn't enough room for everyone.

8 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

True, but I think they're building value right now. I think that's another reason why they might not see the big club; don't want to risk slashing their value even in a small sample size. For now, it's all potential.