Brandon Hyde 2024

1 minute ago, DirtyBird said:

Was it tongue in cheek?

He was joking about there having to be a fine in there. If I'm reading the room he wasn't Captain Furious, he did say guys should be more aware and there is nothing wrong with that. 

13 minutes ago, glenn__davis said:

Ok, I guess. I just don't really get it.  I mean if he at the all time record or something, sure. But because he moved into 4th or 5th place or whatever? Gonna throw one of your  young players under the bus like that for that? Not the approach ib would take for sure. 

I couldn’t tell how serious Hyde was.  But whatever.  Not a huge deal.  

I guess no one will mention how peeved Hyde appeared to be with the performance of some of the relievers. It sounded like Ramirez for sure and maybe the 0-2 fastball that Akin through to the RH pinch hitter who hadn’t gotten a knock all year before that.

I am more interested in why he went with Ramirez in the 7th instead of Webb who has pitched just a third of the inning in last week.   Is there some injury or something with him because I don’t even think I have seen him warmup this series so far.  

1 hour ago, Malike said:

He said it tongue in cheek, but let's all get mad!

It was absolutely tongue in cheek. He laughed in the midst of saying it. He didn’t even know where Kimbrel sat in the all-time rankings. 

Just busting the kid’s stones. Cowser’s that kind of goofball that folks mess with sometimes.

5 hours ago, e16bball said:

It was absolutely tongue in cheek. He laughed in the midst of saying it. He didn’t even know where Kimbrel sat in the all-time rankings. 

Just busting the kid’s stones. Cowser’s that kind of goofball that folks mess with sometimes.

Did we watch the same interview? He didn't laugh. I will say I couldn't tell if he was being serious or deadpan but either way I thought it was all a bit much. 

9 hours ago, bpilktree said:

I am more interested in why he went with Ramirez in the 7th instead of Webb who has pitched just a third of the inning in last week.   Is there some injury or something with him because I don’t even think I have seen him warmup this series so far.  

I was curious about that as well.  Webbs last outing his velo was down 3-4mph and stuff looked terrible. 

Im going to refrain from reactionary rants but... bad managing at the end of the game & I hope Kjerstad is enjoying his naps everyday in the dugout, can't believe Hyde woke him up to stand in the on deck circle there at the end. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, dystopia said:

Hyde really is not a good manager. He only got the award because the team was good. 

Agreed I think he is ok, but I don't think he is nearly as good as people think. People will say 101 wins blah blah blah, Ned Yoast went to back to back world series guess he was a good manager. Tons of meh mangers have won before 

Edited by Orioles0615
  • Upvote 1