4/21 @ Royals

Morgan423

1 minute ago, LA2 said:

Hi. I don't know if it's just another case of me misremembering things in my old age, but didn't it used to be that you cd listen to the radio broadcasts for free on MLB.com even without an active membership? If that's no longer the case, is there any other way to stream O's radio play by play on the internet? Thnx

The only way I've found to stream the audio is SiriusXM app. I tried all the radio services online with no luck.

3 minutes ago, oriolediehard said:

Lugo is an ex Met, he should be beatable!

Leaving the Mets allows a player the chance to be reborn in a non-idiotic environment

Just now, Malike said:

Why bother having reviews if they still get it wrong?

I think Cedric was safe, but it was close. On a close play, you have to factor in the possibility that you'll lose a challenge that you should win, and then decide whether to risk the challenge loss in light of the circumstance. With two outs in the second inning, there's too much risk in challenging a close tag play at second place where it's hard to see on video when the glove hit the runner. 

Maybe Hyde challenged out of a desire tp preserve Kevin's ability to repeat that the Orioles have a 100 percent success rate on steals.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Great to hear. Never really doubted that he did hold team meetings or try to rally them during the rough stretch. 
    • I'm very confident in everything but our bullpen, which was terrible down the stretch (month of September). As long as we don't get into a later bullpen battle game, we should be good. The preference (obviously) would to get an early lead so that our guys can relax and forget about last year.
    • I also think it would be kind of lame to put him in after he's dead now.  It meant everything to the guy to get in, now you put him in when he'll never know he made it?  That's lame.
    • I've never really had a strong opinion on Rose to the HOF, but I will say that its a bad look to have him out for gambling while I have to sit through all the damn 'single game parlay' picks on pregame shows and what not.  I know, he bet on games he was involved in, and I used to think that was a legit reason to keep him out - and maybe it still is.  I'm just not so sure anymore given the overall embrace of sports gambling.  Its everywhere, its annoying, and it moves the needle a bit in re Rose, IMO.
    • I don't think it's really taking anything for granted. We have 9 guys in the bullpen for a three game series. In an ideal world we use 4, maybe 5. A lot of teams are using 11 pitchers (8 bullpen). The use case for Selby/Suarez would be an emergency situation where the game is likely lost anyway. Even in that situation you still want to keep Suarez fresh rather than burn him in a game you are likely to lose. In the meantime, use the roster spot for a guy you might actually pitch. We are trading maybe .0001% WPA for the wild card series for 5-10% WPA of the divisional should we get there.  That being said, I'm surprised it's Selby over Bowman.
    • If this WC series comes down to we lost by not having Suarez on the roster we have much bigger problems than we'd thought.
    • The Twins offense had been absolutely abysmal for a long time. They were 17 games over .500 at one point then couldn't score a run to save their lives and went into a free fall.
  • Popular Contributors