This series is an example of why you don’t trade any of Holliday, Basallo, or Mayo, unless is for an ACE

21 minutes ago, PsychoBird68 said:

We have enough in our system to get the 2 best relievers and the best starter available at the deadline without giving up the "BIG 3"  Ortiz and Hall got us Burnes and they were ranked 7 & 8 to start the 23 season

I still believe the Orioles should not even consider trading Mayo, Kjerstad, or Basallo or Holliday..Im okay if they have to deal Norby, Stowers, and someone like Hays, Urias, or even Mateo....I'm not sure of no-trade status.But those guys can go if we have to deal them...I think Mayo is gonna be a power hitting star,...and Kjerstad not far behind...the others are definitely gonna be good too...the question is, what do we give up? I hope its not one of the names I mentioned among our prospects..

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Roy Firestone said:

I still believe the Orioles should not even consider trading Mayo, Kjerstad, or Basallo or Holliday..Im okay if they have to deal Norby, Stowers, and someone like Hays, Urias, or even Mateo....I'm not sure of no-trade status.But those guys can go if we have to deal them...I think Mayo is gonna be a power hitting star,...and Kjerstad not far behind...the others are definitely gonna be good too...the question is, what do we give up? I hope its not one of the names I mentioned among our prospects..

" the question is, what do we give up? ".... The real question is who's going to be available, as of now Garrett Crochet and Tanner Scott would be my biggest targets, Crochet has two more years of control so it will cost us, Kjerstad, Povich and a couple lower level prospects should get it done....Scott as a pure rental shouldn't cost us to much, but we will be in a bidding war so I think it will cost us Norby and Luis De León or these kind of players

Edited by PsychoBird68
add

2 hours ago, PsychoBird68 said:

We have enough in our system to get the 2 best relievers and the best starter available at the deadline without giving up the "BIG 3"  Ortiz and Hall got us Burnes and they were ranked 7 & 8 to start the 23 season

I think we have enough, but to get what you want (which I agree with) we are going to have to trade at least one of the Big 3.  Especially because we need pitchers that are going to need to be here not only this year, but next as well after all of our injuries.

Burnes was a 1 year rental.  Hence he was cheaper.  We need more years than that now.   

2 hours ago, Roy Firestone said:

You aren't going to get what we need with Norby, Stowers, and someone like Hays, Urias, or even Mateo.

I mean....cmon man.  You need to be realistic here.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

I think we have enough, but to get what you want (which I agree with) we are going to have to trade at least one of the Big 3.  Especially because we need pitchers that are going to need to be here not only this year, but next as well after all of our injuries.

Burnes was a 1 year rental.  Hence he was cheaper.  We need more years than that now.   

I'm not opposed for trading anyone for a elite starter ( ACE ) with control beyond this year however I don't believe any are available without drastically over paying.....Crochet has elite stuff and a couple years of control but has enough question marks so the asking price shouldn't be to outrages....Hopefully our new ownership splurges and signs Burnes long term  

Reality check…

It is absurd to trade any of the big 3. Really. It is. 

Just because someone is our 4th best though (insert best) prospect doesn’t mean they have leas value. We have a lot of new vocal fans that are following us across various platforms. That’s great. But just because they don’t know how elite and deep the system truly is, doesn’t take away from that. 

Holliday is an Uber prospect. He’s the best prospect in MILB for a reason. There’s a reason people even had him over Skenes. He’s going to give you a 15+ year HOF level career. Purely on just playing 15 years, batting 1st, and compiling stats. The people that are down on him are idiots. 

Basallo is 9 months younger than Holliday and is one level lower. .789 OPS in Bowie at freaking 19. As a catcher. A freaking catcher. In what freaking world do you trade that away????  We see everyday with Adley how much value that has. 

Mayo pre-injury was arguably having the best AAA season of any position player. He is one of the few RH bats, think Judge level power, that can challenge the WALL. We need RH bats. Why would we trade him????

We are loaded in the minors. We do not need to touch the big 3. Take away the big 3 and we probably still have the best system in baseball. I know we have new fans. I love the energy and passion they come with. Educate yourself. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Reality check…

It is absurd to trade any of the big 3. Really. It is. 

Just because someone is our 4th best though (insert best) prospect doesn’t mean they have leas value. We have a lot of new vocal fans that are following us across various platforms. That’s great. But just because they don’t know how elite and deep the system truly is, doesn’t take away from that. 

Holliday is an Uber prospect. He’s the best prospect in MILB for a reason. There’s a reason people even had him over Skenes. He’s going to give you a 15+ year HOF level career. Purely on just playing 15 years, batting 1st, and compiling stats. The people that are down on him are idiots. 

Basallo is 9 months younger than Holliday and is one level lower. .789 OPS in Bowie at freaking 19. As a catcher. A freaking catcher. In what freaking world do you trade that away????  We see everyday with Adley how much value that has. 

Mayo pre-injury was arguably having the best AAA season of any position player. He is one of the few RH bats, think Judge level power, that can challenge the WALL. We need RH bats. Why would we trade him????

We are loaded in the minors. We do not need to touch the big 3. Take away the big 3 and we probably still have the best system in baseball. I know we have new fans. I love the energy and passion they come with. Educate yourself. 

When you talk about any player like they’ll be here 15 years, you’re off the rails.