October 1st: Orioles vs Royals — Wild Card Playoff Game #1

ShoelesJoe

3 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

Royals have done nothing special. We have just been abysmal with the bat in our hands.

You're not wrong,  But I still don't like having them in the Playoffs.  I'm still triggered by 2014.  And today did no good in alleviating that, so I still hate them in the Playoffs.

• Upvote 1

Just now, MDK02 said:

There is something mentally wrong with this team. Everyone is so tight and scared.

Yep. Almost feels like they are going to have to luck into a win somehow just to get the monkey off their backs. I’m not sure they can get over the mental hurdle on their own at this point. 

Just now, Gurgi said:

This is how I saw the playoffs going to be honest.   This is how the team has played this last half season.

Yep.  To be honest - I thought we would have thrown in a costly error, or two,  to make it even more like an Orioles game of the second half.  Maybe that will come tomorrow.   A couple of costly errors, a baserunning mistake,  and a bullpen falling apart.  That would be the 2024 way to end 2024.

3 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

Do pur hitters know how to make small adjustments? Change the grip location on fhe bat, adjust placement in the batters box, shorten your awing, etc? Because that's the only way you get out of a slump and hit.

I suggested that this year during the season and people acted like I was Grandpa Simpson for suggesting such a thing. 

2 minutes ago, Alasdaire said:

Mariano Rivera would have made no difference on this team. You seriously are still looking back at the deadline and hoping the O's poured MORE marginal resources into this lame duck? That boggles my mind.

Just like missing Felix was bad luck that was not. Cant save a game with out a lead.

Just now, drjohnnyfever1 said:

You're not wrong,  But I still don't like having them in the Playoffs.  I'm still triggered by 2014.  And today did no good in alleviating that, so I still hate them in the Playoffs.

Hey hate who you wanna hate...lol

A decade ago. They took it from us and were great. I saw nothing but our ineptitude in today's game. And I don't this Royals team is anything special or anything near the 2014/2015 teams they had.

Regardless of who wins this series, I don't really see either team going far.