3. Markakis RF

4. Wieters C

5. Delgado DH/1B possible 870 to 900 OPS

6. Jones CF

7. Reimold LF

8. Atkins 1B

9. Izturis SS

Bench: Pie, Wiggy, Moeller, Aubrey or Montanez

Note: Bell, Snyder and Arrieta knocking on the door in July before the trade deadline. Some how I think Andy can deal with that.

Bedard (In late May)

Millwood

Guthrie

Bergy

Matusz

Tillman

Whichever starter is not pitching well in May goes to long relief.

Gonzalez

Johnson

Uehara

Hendrickson

Sarfate or Meredith or Mickolio

Hernandez or Berkens

SP kicked to the pen

With lefty Perez ready in June.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1. Roberts 2B

2. Miggy 3B hit .313 last year

3. Markakis RF

4. Wieters C

5. Delgado DH/1B possible 870 to 900 OPS

6. Jones CF

7. Reimold LF

8. Atkins 1B

9. Izturis SS

Bench: Pie, Wiggy, Moeller, Aubrey or Montanez

Bedard (In late May)

Millwood

Guthrie

Bergy

Matusz

Tillman

Whichever starter is not pitching well in May goes to long relief.

Gonzalez

Johnson

Uehara

Hendrickson

Sarfate or Meredith or Mickolio

Hernandez or Berkens

SP kicked to the pen

With lefty Perez ready in June.

To be honest, I think this team is better with Pie in LF and Reimold at DH than they would be bringing in Delgado unless he can take over 1B and push Atkins to 3B.

I think both Reimold and Pie have very, very bright futures ahead of them as hitters.

To be honest, I think this team is better with Pie in LF and Reimold at DH than they would be bringing in Delgado unless he can take over 1B and push Atkins to 3B.

I think both Reimold and Pie have very, very bright futures ahead of them as hitters.

The thing is there is no way to know who hits, who regresses and who takes time to develop. However with this much talent on the team it gives Trembley lots to work with and quality players to pug in when injuries hit.

As stop gaps go, Delgado, Miggy and Bedard have more potential to perform at a high level in 2010 then just about an other direction the O's could go at this point.

They are players that are likely to have value, if signed at the right price, at the trade deadline or if signed with options then could be traded next winter. That is another way to build inventory in the O's system.

Will they make the O's a winner? Well, they probably will not hurt. When they play they can hold down positions and give a major league efforts complementing the young guys.

Will they hold back the youngsters? Not if they are tradable. Bell can't hit lefties. It would be better if he could by the time he makes the majors. That could take some time.

Snyder didn't put it together at AAA. How long until he does?

Could both players break in to the majors slowly? Replace Wiggy and Aubrey on the bench? Get some major league experience in selected games during 2010.

Delgado and Miggy might not lead the team in offense but I think they have a decent chance to give major league preformances in support of the kids. I like this approach over starting Wiggy and/or Aubrey in the infield. I also think it make the level of play higher when injuries hit.

Yes, but what is holding the O's back from winning more in the growth of the young guys. As the kids get better so does the team. Delgado and Miggy will probably not be the ones to hold back the team.

I agree. As I said in another thread, sign Hendrickson, Bedard, Miggy and Hairston and call it an offseason.

If you also want Delgado, I am okay with it, but we gotta trade Scott then.

Really, what on God's Green Earth would be wrong with 83-85 wins from an Oriole team in 2010? If that happened we all ought to be turning cartwheels in the street, and high fiving each other all season long. Especially, if all it took was to sign Tejada, Delgado and Bedard, i.e. no loss of our young talent!

Some of the posts on this site just never cease to amaze me!:(:confused::rolleyestf:

Archived