Chapman Hits 105 MPH

waroriole

His slider was sitting at around 91. He is due to be called up when rosters expand, I think I will wait untill I see what he does with a real gun on him.

105 or not he is still a work in progress, he needs to refine his command if he is going to make an impact at the major league level.

105 or not he is still a work in progress, he needs to refine his command if he is going to make an impact at the major league level.

True, but it's hard not to love a 22-y.o. lefty with 125 K's in just 95 2/3 Triple-A innings

Kid's a .400 hitter, too (in all of 10 ab's)

His slider was sitting at around 91. He is due to be called up when rosters expand, I think I will wait untill I see what he does with a real gun on him.

But can he come up in September and be a dominant reliver for 1-2 innings, like KRod was for the Angels when he first came up.

He could become a key player for the Reds down the stretch.

The other day I was watching the Buffalo Bisons vs Syracuse Chiefs game, and the Chiefs announcers were saying that when they were in Louisville, Chapman hit 105. They were skeptical at first, but then they asked the players who had their guns behind home plate, and they said that he was indeed hitting 105...so I believe it, I guess.

Why didn't we take a chance on him again?

Probably because he got twice as much money as Strasburg. $16m bonus and around 30m total.

That's a lot of money for a guy who is not going to play for your ML team immediately, who is not a lock to remain a starter, and who is an injury risk.

Archived