Aubrey Huff wins award

Rockford

I am watching the Giants/Dbacks game and the Giants broadcasters just announced Huff has won the award from the local media as the good guy/go-to guy for quotes.

Setting aside the interview when he made comments about Baltimore a few years ago ... what I don't get about Huff is he does seem like a great guy in his interviews, always accommodating, and he must be since the media gave him this award.

But then I also remember all the rumors that Tampa Bay wanted him gone, and then I thought I remembered reading on here Orioles management wanted to make sure he was out of their clubhouse.

So is the guy the media sees a fake? Why is it in Tampa then in Baltimore you heard rumblings about his negative clubhouse influence? Is it just juvenile behavior, or is there more to it than that?

I am watching the Giants/Dbacks game and the Giants broadcasters just announced Huff has won the award from the local media as the good guy/go-to guy for quotes.

Setting aside the interview when he made comments about Baltimore a few years ago ... what I don't get about Huff is he does seem like a great guy in his interviews, always accommodating, and he must be since the media gave him this award.

But then I also remember all the rumors that Tampa Bay wanted him gone, and then I thought I remembered reading on here Orioles management wanted to make sure he was out of their clubhouse.

So is the guy the media sees a fake? Why is it in Tampa then in Baltimore you heard rumblings about his negative clubhouse influence? Is it just juvenile behavior, or is there more to it than that?

Huff seems like a great guy to have around the clubhouse when you are winning as he likes to joke and have fun, but a lousy guy to have when you are losing...

Because his years in Tampa were a disaster and probably very miserable, and his time with the Orioles wasn't much better.

Isn't being good with the media and and good with the clubhouse two entirely different things and IMO totally independent of one another? I don't see how they are related and don't get the entire premise of the original question here.:confused: In other words one doesn't necessarily equate to the other at all. For example Eddie Murray boycotted the media but was a great clubhouse guy as I understand.

Archived