Per Olney tweet, look for resolution in 48 hours

ChaosLex

I, for one, am disappointed that we haven't been more aggressive in pursuing Jose Guillen. Sure, we don't need or want him, but this passive approach is just another example of MacPhail's inability to pull the trigger.

Here here. We need Vlad. We need any player that makes us better. Buck seems to understand that.

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You must walk out of every negotiation with a lot less money, a smile on the face of the other guys and one sore butt.

I always try to get to a lower price, but if there's a point where I want something and it is a priority of mine to acquire, I get it even if it wasn't the rock bottom price it could have been. The exception to that is if it is something that is completely going to blow my budget, which Vlad will not do for the Orioles.

That's something the Orioles have yet to master.

In this case it's obvious that Vlad isn't a priority for MacPhail, and that's the problem really.

If Vlad was a former Cub or could pitch, he'd be an Oriole right now IMO.

BobKlap Bob Klapisch

by KenWeinman1057

Vlad is almost certain to land with Baltimore, and I believe he'll help the O's more than Manny will help the Rays. Just a hunch.

Please let this just end quickly. I don't care who he signs with, just finish it.

I always try to get to a lower price, but if there's a point where I want something and it is a priority of mine to acquire, I get it even if it wasn't the rock bottom price it could have been. The exception to that is if it is something that is completely going to blow my budget, which Vlad will not do for the Orioles.

In this case it's obvious that Vlad isn't a priority for MacPhail, and that's the problem really.

If Vlad was a former Cub or could pitch, he'd be an Oriole right now IMO.

IMO, AM has made Vlad TOO MUCH of a priority.

How can you say that he hasn't made Vlad a priority when he has put the best offer on the table?

If the O's are already over budget then how would overpaying for Vlad not be blowing the budget?

Once again, I paraphrase MacPhail from FanFest...

"We were pretty much done with aquiring players this offseason, but when a guy with the talent of Vlad becomes available at a reasonable price, we'd be foolish not to look into it."

In other words Trea, since this is so hard to comprehend, we were NOT looking to add Vlad until his price tag suddenly became a Blue Light Special. If Vlad is not willing to be sold for the sale price, then the Orioles won't be shopping in his store! Comprende?

Are you REALLY this dense?

I think AM could careless if Vlad comes here or not.

I don't think its that he doesn't want him to come here, and I think he would certainly like him to come here, I mean he offered him the money - but he won't lose sleep if he doesn't show up.

And anyone who thinks Vlad is being lowballed is completely ridiculous. I mean just plain silly.

If Vlad really, truly wanted to be here, he'd be an Oriole right now IMO.

Fixed that for you.

Archived