Attendance to Date: 12.5% Over 2011

TonySoprano

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If the O's maintain their current seasonal average, 2012 attendance will surpass 2011 on September 6, which also happens to be the Cal Ripken statue game vs. NY.

The White Sox and Blue Jay games are not going to be big draws. No giveaways. The Yankee weekend series is going to be packed. Also don't forget the last weekend at home agianst Boston. Brooks statue,etc.

The White Sox and Blue Jay games are not going to be big draws. No giveaways. The Yankee weekend series is going to be packed. Also don't forget the last weekend at home agianst Boston. Brooks statue,etc.

Or as I call that last weekend at home....the weekend I fear Boston gets to exact their revenge on us!

I'm pretty disappointed that more fans did not turn out for that home stand. It's fine to be skeptical for a few months but it's August and the the team is in the thick of an exciting race. I note that the Tigers, one game behind us in the standings going into last night, sold every seat in their ballpark. Granted, the Tigers have been a good team for several years now, so I'd expect them to outdraw us, but we really should be seeing bigger crowds.

I have tickets to two games in September and will probably attend at least two others.

I'm pretty disappointed that more fans did not turn out for that home stand. It's fine to be skeptical for a few months but it's August and the the team is in the thick of an exciting race. I note that the Tigers, one game behind us in the standings going into last night, sold every seat in their ballpark. Granted, the Tigers have been a good team for several years now, so I'd expect them to outdraw us, but we really should be seeing bigger crowds.

I have tickets to two games in September and will probably attend at least two others.

I think the Nats having the best record in baseball is having a tangible effect. The casual fan from the DC suburbs is more likely to choose a night at Nats Park vs OPCY.

The "prime" series vs Boston had poor attendance because the bandwagon Sox fans didn't pack the yard because of their less than stellar season and I'm sure that a decent chunk of O's fans are turned off by being asked to pay close to double for a seat when the Yanks and Sox are in town.

I think the Nats having the best record in baseball is having a tangible effect. The casual fan from the DC suburbs is more likely to choose a night at Nats Park vs OPCY.

The "prime" series vs Boston had poor attendance because the bandwagon Sox fans didn't pack the yard because of their less than stellar season and I'm sure that a decent chunk of O's fans are turned off by being asked to pay close to double for a seat when the Yanks and Sox are in town.

You make some very good points here. I share season tickets with a group of other guys and I keep forgetting about the higher prices being charged for "premium" games because they don't apply to me. But I will cheerfully pay the stupid service charges to see some extra games in a pennant race.

Ding ding ding. I paid $72 for two bleacher seats 4 rows from the back (under jumbotron) on thursdays vs BOS.

In comparison, I paid $60 for front row 3rd base line seats for Chi next week.

Guest bluecountry

This is very deceiving.

This was the 20th anniversary of Camden Yards. Many special promotions (Eddie Murray sculpture, HOF ceremony's) were planned and thus if the Orioles were on pace for 60 wins they would have had virtually the same increase.

I think the more telling sign is that Friday night in August the O's drew only 17,000....on Saturday for the Eddie Murray sculpture they drew 40,000...good but no sell out...and then back to the 20,000s on Sunday.

This week against the Red Sox the crowds were average for a mid-week Red Sox series.

So actually attendance has been disappointing and in my re-affirmed this is like DC, a FOOTBALL town and bandwagon everything else.

Look at the Pirates, they routinely sell out all weekend games and out-draw the Orioles on week nights. To me that shows how passionate Pittsburgh is about sports and that they are the real baseball and sports town. Just my view.

Drawing 17,000 on a Friday night says a lot.

This is very deceiving.

This was the 20th anniversary of Camden Yards. Many special promotions (Eddie Murray sculpture, HOF ceremony's) were planned and thus if the Orioles were on pace for 60 wins they would have had virtually the same increase.

I think the more telling sign is that Friday night in August the O's drew only 17,000....on Saturday for the Eddie Murray sculpture they drew 40,000...good but no sell out...and then back to the 20,000s on Sunday.

This week against the Red Sox the crowds were average for a mid-week Red Sox series.

So actually attendance has been disappointing and in my re-affirmed this is like DC, a FOOTBALL town and bandwagon everything else.

Look at the Pirates, they routinely sell out all weekend games and out-draw the Orioles on week nights. To me that shows how passionate Pittsburgh is about sports and that they are the real baseball and sports town. Just my view.

Drawing 17,000 on a Friday night says a lot.

First, I agree w the concept that there is some inflation going on due to the Statues being unveiled this year and what not.

However, Pitt. has drawn like 500 more people a night than the O's. If that's the standard color me unimpressed.

First, I agree w the concept that there is some inflation going on due to the Statues being unveiled this year and what not.

However, Pitt. has drawn like 500 more people a night than the O's. If that's the standard, color me unimpressed.

UNIMPRESSED o

Or....there is literally nothing else to do in Pittsburgh. Just my view.

Guest bluecountry
UNIMPRESSED o

Ummm....the % of capacity and number of sell outs.

They sell out every weekend; not 17,000 on Fridays and their ratings are in the top 5 (maybe 3).

Or....there is literally nothing else to do in Pittsburgh. Just my view.

And what is there to do in Baltimore?

Ummm .... the % of capacity and number of sell outs.

They sell out every weekend; not 17,000 on Fridays and their ratings are in the top 5 (maybe 3).

And what is there to do in Baltimore?

That's great, mister. Thank goodness that you came along and pointed this out to all of us. And while you're at it, maybe you can start a 3rd attendance thread (in addition to the 2 that you already started in the last half hour), just in case we lose our focus of it.

Archived