Something needs to be done about Wieters

Pedro Cerrano

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The swing just looks terrible, especially from the left side. It's so long and slow. We all love Matt, and I know they're all working on hitting, but I'm not sure I even want him beyond 2015. Big catchers entering their 30s should not get big $ deals.

He always hits that way. He is a .250 lifetime hitter. I guess when he was batting .239 on September 1st of last year alot of his batting habits were overlooked. The O's were in a pennant race and many other things to worry about. He has hit two long homers from the left side this month. That accounts for four of his five RBI's. He is a guess hitter and when he guesses right,he will get a hold of one. He will still finish around 20 homers and 80 RBI's and hit for a low average and bad .OBP. This is Matt.

Wieters dropped to 7th tonight against RHP Ubaldo Jimenez. I'll be waiting for OFFNY to either

1) apologize to me

or

2) send nasty emails/letters to Buck for making this jaw-dropping move

Calling me out for an apology? For what, exactly?

This was my last post in this thread:

I've deleted my previous comment.

I apologize for getting into it with you.

What the hell is your problem Cerrano?

Calling me out for an apology? For what, exactly?

This was my last post in this thread:

What the hell is your problem Cerrano?

The problem is he went from a well respected active poster, to a lurker who trolls now. Maybe his account got hacked, he used to contribute some good stuff until he morphed into Matt Wieters personal troll.

It really seems some posters get these personal grudges vs players and then they just go off on anyone who does not agree with said view point on player. Matt is becomming like a lot of other catchers with the bat but is better on defense than most. I'm fine w that lets hope he takes less and we use that money on Crush.

Wieters was over-hyped by the media and as a result the fans had higher expectations for him. They were patient at first but the patience is now wearing thin. He has to be accepted for what he is; a very good defensive catcher with a bat that doesn't really instill fear into very many pitchers. He is what he is.

Moving him down in the lineup to 7th will help. Yesterday, the Jays gave an IBB to Davis to get to Wieters. You all saw the result.

Wieters was over-hyped by the media and as a result the fans had higher expectations for him. They were patient at first but the patience is now wearing thin. He has to be accepted for what he is; a very good defensive catcher with a bat that doesn't really instill fear into very many pitchers. He is what he is.

Moving him down in the lineup to 7th will help. Yesterday, the Jays gave an IBB to Davis to get to Wieters. You all saw the result.

He had one of the best runs through the minors in baseball history. He was definitely not overhyped.

He had one of the best runs through the minors in baseball history. He was definitely not overhyped.

His minor league numbers are a total given. If his current issues aren't mental (which I'm kinda hoping at this point) then scouts missed some problems in his physical tools. Having a guy who can't live up to expectations because he physical achieve them is overhyping IMO.

Archived