Jen Royle: Orioles open to trading Valencia ( Traded to KC for OF David Lough)

Barnaby Graves

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How about this scenario?

O's trade Valencia to Miami for Steve Cishek.

The O's would get a very affordable closer under team control and would allow them to spend more money on SP and/or DH (Morales).

Great deal, wouldn't happen, but with Balfour on board, it's a moo point now.

If Machado comes back healthy, the Rule V guy is going to waste away on the bench. I don't like the idea of that guy just taking up a spot.

I'm of the opinion that it is likely that he will no longer be needed and will be offered back to Boston when Manny returns. Kind of the reverse of a late-season rental player.

I don't understand why we'd trade Valencia. Then we open another hole for the other half of the DH platoon. Unless we're thinking about Kendrys.

I believe Valencia could DH against all but the toughest right handers. And all of the left handers.

Pearce was worth .5 WAR in 138 PAs last year. He may be a late bloomer, but he has value if he can stay healthy.

What's the deal with his wrists? Is this going to be a nagging problem throughout his career? I like Pearce over Valencia. Pearce can actually play a couple positions in the field at least adequately. He has a better more consistent approach at the plate and hits Price and Sabathia pretty well. If we were to trade Matusz for a bat. I could see us then trading Valencia to Miami for Ramos or Dunn. So a situation like:

Matusz for Smoak

Valencia for M.Dunn

What's the deal with his wrists? Is this going to be a nagging problem throughout his career? I like Pearce over Valencia. Pearce can actually play a couple positions in the field at least adequately. He has a better more consistent approach at the plate and hits Price and Sabathia pretty well. If we were to trade Matusz for a bat. I could see us then trading Valencia to Miami for Ramos or Dunn. So a situation like:

Matusz for Smoak

Valencia for M.Dunn

He got some tendinitis from taking too much BP. I think he just needed to let it calm down.

Archived