Freddie Freeman - 1B

Justin Upton - LF

Chris Johnson - 3B

Evan Gattis - C

Andrelton Simmons - SS

B.J. Upton - CF

Julio Teheran - RHP (10-9, 3.06 ERA)

http://www.baseballpress.com/lineups

I didn't like the Cespedes trade when Oakland made it and I still don't like it. But it's all good for us. They've lost 6 of their last 7 games and scored no more than three runs in any of those losses.

Like I said at the time, in a low run scoring environment an impact bat has more value.

Like I said at the time, in a low run scoring environment an impact bat has more value.

Cespedes is hitting like .185 in his last ten games and Oakland has won each of Lester's starts (three total, including a complete game and two other starts where he went at least six innings).

I'm not sure I can explain it, but I am developing a dislike of the A's. Maybe it's because I'm sick of hearing about what a great GM Billy Beane is, or because I'm still annoyed that Duquette got no votes for Executive of the Year in 2012 (which went to Beane) and that Bob Melvin beat out Buck for Manager of the Year that year. Or maybe I'm just sick of seeing their acquisitions work out, like Josh Donaldson and Jed Lowrie and Brandon Moss and Scott Kazmir. Maybe it's because they play in a weak division and get to play so many more games against bad teams than we do.

I don't know what it is, but I find myself rooting against them, even though they're a small market team who by all rights I should like.

I agree; I really dislike that A's ballclub and Josh Donaldson. I'm like 99% sure it was Donaldson who started the whole brawl where Machado ended up getting ejected. They may be a small market team, but seem to have a superiority complex like the Yankees and Red Sox.

Hope they get knocked out in the first round of the playoffs this year, like usual. Would be especially great if it was by us.

I hate them when we play them. Otherwise, gotta admire the job Beane does and the blue collar makeup of the team.

That's kind of how I am. If the O's weren't in the playoffs, I would probably root for the A's. But when we play them, I can't stand them. It always seems like they get the best of us and it feels like getting beat by a bunch of no name scrubs.

• 2 weeks later...
I didn't like the Cespedes trade when Oakland made it and I still don't like it. But it's all good for us. They've lost 6 of their last 7 games and scored no more than three runs in any of those losses.

Your not the only one who didn't like the Cespedes trade.

Archived