Where will Reimold go? (Update: DFA)

Aglets

That is why I was blaming Pie earlier. If AM hadn't had a crush on Pie Nolan would never have been optioned in 2009.

Gotcha. Read it earlier when you posted but I guess it went over my head.

In 2009 I was living in the wilderness counting moose and stars in the sky. My head was not in baseball. I am mostly back now.

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Another option for the Os with Reimold would be to re-start his rehab assignment.</p>— Brittany Ghiroli (@Britt_Ghiroli) <a href="

">June 30, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Gotcha. Read it earlier when you posted but I guess it went over my head.

In 2009 I was living in the wilderness counting moose and stars in the sky. My head was not in baseball. I am mostly back now.

It was a bit obscure. Intentionally so, I do that sometimes.

They already selected Ramon's contract and sent Meek out. Dropping BM would create a slot for NR.

I don't see why they couldn't have brought him up for Manny's five games and just plugged him into DH and see what he has.

(you guys do realize that substituting Nolan for Pearce for five games isn't likely to be a huge difference right?)

{OK that was a really bad time to type that} :clap3:

I don't see why they couldn't have brought him up for Manny's five games and just plugged him into DH and see what he has.

(you guys do realize that substituting Nolan for Pearce for five games isn't likely to be a huge difference right?)

{OK that was a really bad time to type that} :clap3:

On that note, lets just sub in Reimold for Jones..... not going to make a huge difference right? ;)

They tried Nolan at first base, it didn't go well. :(

Well, I was only going for a reverse jinx anyway that it worked for the first two batters "suggested". But hey, Davis is playing 3B tonight to replace Machado.... have Reimold take over 3B for Davis over the remaining 4 games.

Or maybe he could replace Hardy... since he's next to bat.

Well, I was only going for a reverse jinx anyway that it worked for the first two batters "suggested". But hey, Davis is playing 3B tonight to replace Machado.... have Reimold take over 3B for Davis over the remaining 4 games.

Or maybe he could replace Hardy... since he's next to bat.

Hardy was a good choice.

From Steve Melewski on MASN:

On whether a decision has been made regarding Reimold:

"We are still talking to Nolan and trying to figure out a way to keep him with the ballclub. He's completed his rehab and we are going to try to get that resolved in the next couple of days."

On whether a decision was needed today:

"We recalled him from his rehab assignment. So in the next day or so, we have to reinstate him to our active roster or do something else with his contract."

Duquette did confirm that if Reimold was waived and cleared waivers, he could be sent to the minor leagues and could not refuse that assignment.

http://www.masnsports.com/steve-melewski/2014/06/dan-duquette-on-machados-suspension-and-the-reimold-situation.html

Well he ain't DFAd yet so hold on for the ride, as they say. I'd like to see him replace Lough, as unlikely and unconventional as that would be.

Reimold has no place to play. What purpose would him being on the team serve? he isn't going to play over Pierce and Cruz.

Archived