April 23rd at Seattle

McNulty

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OK, what happened there? Did Scott really call Hernandez off or did Luis just give up on it? Both of them need to be sentenced to extra infield practice though. As a matter of fact, the whole team should take it with them. The right side isn't too good on pop-up communication either.

Hernandez gave up on it, it's not clear if Scott was yelling for it or not. I suspect not.

OK, what happened there? Did Scott really call Hernandez off or did Luis just give up on it? Both of them need to be sentenced to extra infield practice though. As a matter of fact, the whole team should take it with them. The right side isn't too good on pop-up communication either.

Well, I looked at it on TIVO a couple times...and you can't hear if anybody called him off, but LH was running back on it, way out in the OF, and then he very abruptly all-the-sudden put his head down and got out of the way... so to me it looks exactly like what would happen if he was called off, not like somebody giving up, but I really don't know...

It sure sounds like it and I wish I could see this for myself right now! :eek: I guess my main point was that those two guys have excellent eyes when they're batting and if they're actually arguing about the calls tonight, that's a big deal because they don't normally do that at all. It's that whole quiet leadership thing, LOL ;)

What inning are we in anyway?! This game could be over before my 11 PM local news. :eek:

It's the fourth. This game could be over quite early. In fact I get the sense it already is as this ump has no intention of giving us any chance to come back from a two run deficit. You might miss some ejections if you go to bed early though. If Nick gets another AB stolen from him I'm betting on a career first happening tonight. And yes I agreed with your point about Nick and Brian being quiet professionals with good eyes... I just wanted to make the point that even a monkey could tell this ump is a chump.

And nice play by Brian to end the inning. He's been looking a lot more alive in the field the past two days.

Joe Angel said that he could see on the replay Scott yelling, "I got it" repeatedly.

I didn't see it (not to suggest Angel is wrong). Scott must have misjudged it terribly. It looked like he put on a late burst to even get close to it.

This game is the biggest crock of bull**** this year. Seriously, this is damn frustrating. We better get to Silva.

How do we "get to him" with this ump? He is one of the lowest walk rate pitchers in the majors. He can put the ball wherever he wants to and there are places he can put it where Runge's going to call it a strike, and it can't be hit. He'll do that all night.

Archived