waroriole

WS, who you rooting for  

105 members have voted

1. 1. WS, who you rooting for

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can we put them in order of who we do NOT want to win?

1. Red Sox

2. Blue Jay

3. Nationals

4. Giants

5. Rangers

6. Dodgers

7. Indians

8. Cubs

1/2. Sox/Jays Pick one.

3. Cubs

4. Gnats

5. Dodgers

6. Cleveland

7. Texas

8. Giants

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Any word on his stuff recently? I know he was up to 97 before injury and 92-94 to start the year.
    • Over his career it’s traditional, though.  RHB .672 LHB .757
    • With all due respect do not see how Norby is not in the lineup tonight
    • Povich, McDermott, Young and Tavera in AAA. Johnson, Bright, Brnovich, Weston pitching well in AA. The upper minors pitching prospects look a lot deeper now than they have in recent years. With all the interesting upper minors arms comes impending 40-man decisions, and also more depth to deal from ahead of the deadline - hopefully enough to be able to steer trade partners away from the best few names when we need to add pitchers as secondary pieces to a deal. Johnson is definitely a potential trade candidate if they are trying to keep Povich/McDermott/De Leon out of a deal, if he pitches well the next couple months he could easily be the next best pitching prospect in the system. Of course would like to hold onto everybody, but we’re going to make some kind of trade and teams always look for pitching back.
    • His whiff% is 29% (same as last season, but below his 35% level in 2021-2022).  Taking a closer look at his pitches on baseball savant, both his cutter and curveball are generating 10% less whiff% than those dominant 2021-2022 seasons.  Note that velo and spin metrics seem very similar. A couple hypothesis on lack of swing/miss this season 1.  Hitters really don’t seem to expand the zone against him.  Particularly low/away where Burnes works location wise.  Hitters are not chasing there.  Palmer wants Burnes to occasionally work inside more just to vary hitter eye and expecations.  Additionally, I think mixing in a two seamer that starts off the plate then works backdoor to get the outside strike may start getting hitters to actually swing vs just take the outside pitch (when Burnes cutter and slider start outside and go further outside). 2.  From watching the games this year, it does seem that Burnes has been slightly missing his spot, particularly with his cutter.  In prior seasons, I got the impression that Burnes would paint the corners, whereas he has been missing by a couple inches. His BB rate and BB/9 is up slightly.  I think being in the zone more may get hitters to swing more, whereas it sure does seem that hitters have a higher amount of takes on pitches just out of the zone against Burnes. 
    • Yea I disagree.  It’s not like we are taking on a long term deal for 50+ million or something like that. The deal I suggested would be one we should run to the phone to accept…but I personally doubt Miami would be that dumb.
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now