Drew Dosch(24)- 3B, AA/AAA .291 AVG, 4 HR, .798 OPS

Bowie

Stephen Wilkerson(25)- 2B, A/AA - .308 AVG, 5 HR, .821 OPS

Lucas Long(24)- RP, 1.76 ERA, 41 IP, 1.07 WHIP, 33/7 K/BB

Frederick

Ademar Rifaela(22)- OF, .290 AVG, .794 OPS, 5 HR

Delmarva

Cody Dube(22)- SP, 3.07 ERA, 29.1 IP, 1.02 WHIP, 26/8 K/BB

These aren't guys that were on every top 25 prospect list for us, but they are having good seasons.  I tried to highlight guys that are having good years but still age appropriate for their leagues. Wilkerson is on fire.  Yacobonis and Kipper have gotten good results but their K rates are terrible.  Anyone think we have anything here?

Yacabonis has been on the radar the past two seasons. Had a decent year at Bowie last year, did ok in the Fall League and started the year on fire in Norfolk with a scoreless streak. If things fall into place, he could have a spot in Baltimore shortly. I believe is Rule 5 eligible after this season.

Kipper was a recent acquisition.

Dosch also has been good the past few seasons. Think he was in the prospect list last season and dropped out for some reason. Not sure if he can make an impact in Baltimore this season, but might be given a chance next season.

Wilkerson has been underrated for a bit. Switch hitting super utility player with speed. Has power from the right side. If he does good the next few seasons, might be the new Flash.

Long is steady and might be given a look in Norfolk. As far as Baltimore...Well, they cycle thru pitchers, so if he can show this isn't a fluke season, why not?

Rifaela isn't so much "tearing up" the Carolina League as he is "doing good" in it. Problem is, outfield is a packed spot in the Orioles minors right now. Might get lost in the shuffle or could be some trade bait (ala Jonah Heim at catcher last season.)

Dube, I don't know much about. I don't get to Delmarva much. I'll differ to others.

Yacabonis will eventually be a big league reliever, not sure if he'll be any good, but he'll make the show.  His K rate is low this year, but it's been solid in the past, I think it'll tick up as the year goes on.

Kipper is a groundball/control guy, no swing and miss so very little room for error. Not much upside, but could be a swing starter/long man type.

Wilkerson has been old for his level at every level as is typical with lower round college picks, he has a decent hit tool.  The only thing interesting here is that it look like upon his promotion to Bowie, he's started to sell out for power (or change his swing, not sure which).  This has led to 3HR in 9 games, after only 10 in his first 310 games of his pro career.  He is also striking out more, although not too much as long as he can maintain some of this power surge.  This is a SSS to be sure, but it's interesting to watch going forward.

Rifaela seems like a guy with no carrying tool, he's strong numbers this season are boosted by a .396 BABIP, which seems unsustainable since his career number is .312.  He's still pretty young, so there is a chance he develops into something, but as of right now he's a COF with a middle infield or catcher bat.

Dube is an old for the league reliever in the low minors, nothing worth paying attention to until he gets a couple promotions.

Long and Dosch are by far the most interesting of the group, Dosch can barrel up the ball pretty well and has improved as he's moved through the system, it looks like he's beginning to tap into a little more power lately. If he was better defensively I think he could handle a utility role now.  I think he's going to need significant time in AAA, but he's got the upside of a 2nd division third basemen.  

Long is my favorite on this list, he has had good peripheral stats at every stop for the O's (his highest xFIP is 3.31).  While he has solid command, this is not a pitchability guy.  He's got good stuff, highlighted by a heavy mid 90s fastball.  He's always gets groundballs, and in shorter stints the stuff plays up and he misses bats.  This is a guy I'd trust to pitch some big league innings right now. 

I'm pretty sure Dosch missed some time with a broken leg right out of college. So 24 and in Bowie isn't that "old" given the injury and that he was a college guy. 

Long is the guy that's intriguing. I would like to see him and Scott get pushed to AAA soon. They have been dominant in these short stints. 

2 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I'm pretty sure Dosch missed some time with a broken leg right out of college. So 24 and in Bowie isn't that "old" given the injury and that he was a college guy. 

Long is the guy that's intriguing. I would like to see him and Scott get pushed to AAA soon. They have been dominant in these short stints. 

Dosch is in Norfolk now.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/1/2017 at 11:05 PM, sportsfan8703 said:

Norfolk

Jimmy Yacabonis(25)- RP,  26.2 IP, 1.01 ERA, 0.90 WHIP, 15/12 K/BB

Jordan Kipper(24)-SP,  22 IP, 2.45 ERA, 1.45 WHIP, 7/5 K/BB

Drew Dosch(24)- 3B, AA/AAA .291 AVG, 4 HR, .798 OPS

Bowie

Stephen Wilkerson(25)- 2B, A/AA - .308 AVG, 5 HR, .821 OPS

Lucas Long(24)- RP, 1.76 ERA, 41 IP, 1.07 WHIP, 33/7 K/BB

Frederick

Ademar Rifaela(22)- OF, .290 AVG, .794 OPS, 5 HR

Delmarva

Cody Dube(22)- SP, 3.07 ERA, 29.1 IP, 1.02 WHIP, 26/8 K/BB

Two weeks later,  Yacabonis is with the big club.  Kipper is looking like a non factor.  Dosch is still doing pretty well in Norfolk(.757 OPS).  Wilkerson is mashing even more, he has a .961 OPS in AA.  Long has earned his way into Bowie's rotation.  Rifaela has hit 3 more homers and has his OPS up to .814.  Dube still has a solid 2.70 ERA.

Archived