The Brad Brach appreciation thread

Frobby

Brad Brach was a key component to the excellent bullpens that helped carry the O’s to the playoffs in 2014 and 2016.   He was a deserving member of the All Star team in 2016.     In his Orioles career he went 27-15 with 32 saves, and posted a 2.99 ERA (140 ERA+).    While he went out on a bit of a low note, there were a lot of high notes in his years with the O’s.   Thanks Brad, and good luck with the Braves the rest of the way.

Brach is a really nice guy. There first time I met him he was discussing the O's organization and how they handle players. He was very complimentary of the O's and their processes versus his experience in San Diego. I know he really enjoyed his time playing in Baltimore.

I met Brad's wife Jenae at one of the O's wives / SOs Maryland Food Bank collection weekends.  Jenae was very personable and humble, and mentioned how much she and Brad appreciated the Orioles for giving Brad the opportunity.  I'm certainly appreciative of Brad's production for the O's over the years, and wish he and Jenae the best.

He's a pretty vivid example of how club-controlled relief aces are ultra cost-efficient.  I think Chris Davis has already earned more this year than Brach's career MLB earnings.  The rub for a guy like Brach is he was run hard for that excellence, and that guy may never come back.  I'm extra appreciative of his excellent Orioles works as the teams never really had the bullpen depth to protect the frontline guys (no matter how smart Buck got about not dry humping them with excess warmups), and Brach never broke down like O'Day and Britton - he just wore out. 

Off topic, if he is on the team Wednesday, I hope Givens gets a strict closer usage pattern for August and September - 5-6 innings/month is all the work I need to see him do if he's to be part of 2019.

Hope he and Nick and Ryan get rings!!  Thanks for all the great performances! He was a key part of our shutdown times in the pen!   And he and Jenae were wonderful parts of our community and we wish all the best!   

Here is a MASN access interview of Brad in the spring by Roy!  Love it! 

them

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

Brad Brach was a key component to the excellent bullpens that helped carry the O’s to the playoffs in 2014 and 2016.   He was a deserving member of the All Star team in 2016.     In his Orioles career he went 27-15 with 32 saves, and posted a 2.99 ERA (140 ERA+).    While he went out on a bit of a low note, there were a lot of high notes in his years with the O’s.   Thanks Brad, and good luck with the Braves the rest of the way.

You said it all perfectly.  Best wishes to Brad - looking forward to seeing him, Nick, and Flash in the playoffs.

The winning pitcher of ALDS Game 2 against Detroit in 2014, one of my favorite Oriole games of all time. Got Gausman out of a two-on jam without a run scoring and kept it close enough for the bats to come back in the 8th. Somehow despite all his huge performances during the stretch runs in 2014 and 2016, he only got to pitch three times in the playoffs.

Best of luck to Brad Brach and thanks for the great memories.

Archived