Orioles Deal Gausman/O'Day to Braves - Schoop to Brewers

weams

3 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Wow, this bullpen is going to be an adventure if Givens goes (as if it wasn’t already).

Britton - traded

Brach - traded

Givens - traded

O’Day - out for the season

Bleier - out for the season

We’ll be down to our sixth-best reliever.    

The sad part is this bullpen was an adventure while those guys were  pitching for the Orioles this year. As long as the return is good, I'm fine moving Givens. He'd probably be great in Tampa where he can play in a warm dome all the time.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Hank Scorpio said:

Wright has been pretty good this year.

I will eat some crow on that, I was suggesting DFA after Spring Training.

Yeah, he’s been decent for about 2 months, though his ERA doesn’t jibe with his WHIP over that period.   To me he’s still a middle reliever.   

3 minutes ago, SoxHotCorner said:

Givens will be a good pickup for somebody.  You don't find too many guys throwing it sidearm like him in the upper 90's.  A change of scenery might be all the guy needs as well.

Check out his FIP. A change in defense may be all he needs! :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Wright has been pretty good this year.

I will eat some crow on that, I was suggesting DFA after Spring Training.

Wright has been pretty good since about mid-May (1.75 ERA over 36 IP since May 13th), but he still gives up too many runners and batters have hit .288 off him with a .355 OBP over this good span. 

I'm ok with Wright as a long guy, but I don't think he has the makeup or out pitch to be a late inning guy.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• I wish it would end because I'm tired of hearing about it. This team is good enough for it to go on a lot longer, too, so that makes it even worse.   Those are your words. Apologies for ribbing you a bit over the thing that you actually said.
    • We aren’t a year away from Those 2 joining the team.
    • First of all, I am not advocating (nor have I ever advocated) for a “Miller or bust approach”. Yet, I do recognize his special ability and I can envision him being a tremendous asset to this team. Second, to say Coloumbe has similar production as Miller is simply not true. Look at the WHIP, strikeouts per 9, ERA, hard contact, etc. They are not in the same class.  I’m not sure if you unintentionally devaluing Mullers K number, but they are astounding 2/3 of his outs are coming on K’s. That is an absolute gold mine of an asset when you get to extra innings with the ghost runner. Next, I can envision a tremendous competitive advantage that we would have next season or in future seasons when we would be able to pair Bautista and Miller. That is worth considering parting with one of our better but replaceable prospects. Last, I have never “clamored for him and him alone”. And as  far as your directive to turn my attention elsewhere, I’m probably not the best poster when it comes to following orders/commands…lol
    • That's fine, like I said McKenna is a doofus.  Yes, worse instincts than Hays, too. I'm not sure how much better Hays is in the field than McKenna.  I'll concede that Hays is a better candidate to throw a runner out.  He's got a strong, accurate arm. People can pick their defensive stats that they like, I really don't like investigating with them since they all have inherent flaws, and Hays has way more data to look at in innings, 1195.1 last year compared to McKenna's 78.2 innings.  But I don't think McKenna is that far behind him from a defensive (Rtot, Rdrs, rtot/yr rdrs/yr) perspective.  I'll concede defense overall but Hays has been so awful with the bat that I'm not sure he makes up for it with the glove.  
    • I said it was a big if.  You call moving Westburg or Holliday to CF insane but then you have Westburg as the short side of a platoon at 2B and giving Mayo and Gunnar rest days.    That’s more insane.   P.S.  And you’ve also turned Holliday into a platoon player.  Would you like to re-think this?
    • I’m sorry to hear that. Yeah those were dark days for sure but all the more satisfying when we have a better showing this year. I have a funny feeling about this team. I think they are going to shock the world beating the dodgers in 6.
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now