Orioles call up D.J. Stewart

MurphDogg

20 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

And the infielders played on the outfield grass when he was up.

They said they were scared of getting killed.  Like I felt in slow pitch softball playing third base and the 400-pound guy from the Knights of Columbus team was up.  Those are 60' bases!

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm confused about speed.  Other than scouting all we have is a spd score based on AAA and his previous call up and that's above average at 5.6.  

Is this a situation of see a big guy, assume big guy slow. 

"High School running back, more athleticism than his frame suggests."

Also worth noting that Mike Martin said he did not have a better leader come through the FLST program.

Just now, Camden_yardbird said:

I'm confused about speed.  Other than scouting all we have is a spd score based on AAA and his previous call up and that's above average at 5.6.  

Also worth noting that Mike Martin said he did not have a better leader come through the FLST program.

The reports on him have always been that he's more athletic than his appearance. I also think he's slimmed down since being drafted. 

1 minute ago, Camden_yardbird said:

I posted something about his statcast speed.

1 minute ago, wildbillhiccup said:

Going into the season ZIPs had Stewart projected for a .221 batting average, 15 HRs, 56 RBIs, and 13 steals with a .309 OBP in 436 at bats. I'm rooting for him, but it might be wise for us all to temper our expectations a bit. 

I don't think anyone is expecting a star.

I'm just sick of watching Smith and Mancini in the outfield and I think strong performances in the minors should be rewarded.

Archived