Akin promoted, Mullins optioned

MurphDogg

47 minutes ago, weams said:

Nope, I don't fall for defensive WAR. Not yet. 

One of the worst things about an electronic strike zone is that it would render completely useless the skill of framing. You can’t fool a computer, it’s either a ball or a strike and that is that.

35 minutes ago, weams said:

I don't love him out of the bullpen. 

Isn’t that kind of a dumb idea? If he’s a starter, and he’s on a starter schedule, why call him up to stick him in the bullpen for two weeks?

I just heard about this in this comment,So I missed any explanation, but it doesn’t seem like a reasonable move. If you want a bullpen guy, why not bring up a bullpen guy, or dump Hess And bring up two bullpen guys?

I do not know who those two bullpen guys would necessarily be, but they would be bullpen guys. Not starters.

5 minutes ago, Philip said:

One of the worst things about an electronic strike zone is that it would render completely useless the skill of framing. You can’t fool a computer, it’s either a ball or a strike and that is that.

That sounds wonderful.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I’m all for letting Sisco get at bats. Even if the O’s can’t decide on his long term future with a 60 game season, I want to see players who might have a future get playing time. 

Especially when they're white hot hitting like Sisco is now. Strike while the iron is hot.

42 minutes ago, Philip said:

Framing is cheating. It's that good, accepted kind of cheating in ML ball but still cheating. I'm slowly coming around to the e-zone.