Yankees Possibly Interested In Iglesias

LTO's

27 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Tony I think it's already time to have that conversation.  They are coaching moves to make money.  They are starting to lay people off.  Elias has spoken opnely about the lost revenue from this year and the uncertainty of plan ing next season because of the unknowns involved in next season's revenue.  The latest court ruling puts it one step closer for MASaNgelos to have to cut a huge check to the Lerners.

It seems pretty obvious that cost cutting is a major part of how this team is being run right now.

There are certainly worrisome signs but until I see what happens to players like Iglesias I'm going to withhold judgement. Every other team is in the same situation besides the MASN thing.

30 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

There are certainly worrisome signs but until I see what happens to players like Iglesias I'm going to withhold judgement. Every other team is in the same situation besides the MASN thing.

Perez was just interviewed and said they’d be giving out large international bonuses. It’s not a complete $$ cutoff.

1 hour ago, SteveA said:

Tony I think it's already time to have that conversation.  They are coaching moves to make money.  They are starting to lay people off.  Elias has spoken opnely about the lost revenue from this year and the uncertainty of plan ing next season because of the unknowns involved in next season's revenue.  The latest court ruling puts it one step closer for MASaNgelos to have to cut a huge check to the Lerners.

It seems pretty obvious that cost cutting is a major part of how this team is being run right now.

I'm assuming you meant "There are coaching moves to make money."

On this one point I think that's just because they are going to lose "a" MiL franchise next year, whether Frederick or a different one. They'll need less coaches.

2 hours ago, SteveA said:

Hmmm you’re forgetting that all through baseball these layoffs are happening. The nature of scouting is changing, so boots on the ground aren’t as necessary, and with contraction, the team loses an entire teams worth of coaches. It’s literally impossible to keep the same personell with the changes that are happening throughout baseball.

And even at their worst, the Orioles are a billion dollar organization. The cost of a coach here or there is literally meaningless to the bottom line. 3 million for Iglesias is not wasted money because he’s a valuable asset both to us and as a trade piece.

Edited by Philip

15 minutes ago, NCRaven said:

He did say a “strong option off the bench.”  Not the starter.

15 minutes ago, NCRaven said:

He did say a “strong option off the bench.”  Not the starter.

Fair enough but if they’re going for Correa, I’m not sure they’d be wanting Iglesias as well.and I’m not sure Iglesias wants a backup job.

1 hour ago, Philip said:

Fair enough but if they’re going for Correa, I’m not sure they’d be wanting Iglesias as well.and I’m not sure Iglesias wants a backup job.

I thought of this too... but if traded Iggy HAS to go. Doubt he has any no-trade clause.