J.D. Mundy 2021

Aristotelian

• 1 month later...

Wow this thread went dark for a bit.    So after the last post on here Mundy had an .805 OPS for the rest of his time in Aberdeen.   Then he got promoted to Bowie about a week ago, although he has yet to appear in a game there.  Roch just informed us today that Mundy has a fractured thumb and is going on the IL.

18 minutes ago, Aglets said:

Wow this thread went dark for a bit.    So after the last post on here Mundy had an .805 OPS for the rest of his time in Aberdeen.   Then he got promoted to Bowie about a week ago, although he has yet to appear in a game there.  Roch just informed us today that Mundy has a fractured thumb and is going on the IL.

That's probably it for his season.  I would have liked to see what he could have done in Double A.  Prime fall league candidate.

3 hours ago, RZNJ said:

I wonder if he was already injured when promoted and this was done to skirt the rules of the AFL which, I believe require a certain amount of players with at least AA experience, ie. days on the AA roster?

After he hit two home runs on July 15th, he missed a week and then returned. After returning he OPS'd .803 over his next 20 games, but only hit one home run so you wonder of something was bothering him a bit. 

Hopefully he will be healthy by the AFL. He would seem to be a prime suspect to get some PAs there.

3 hours ago, RZNJ said:

I wonder if he was already injured when promoted and this was done to skirt the rules of the AFL which, I believe require a certain amount of players with at least AA experience, ie. days on the AA roster?

Mundy was one of my dark horse candidates on the AFL thread. Hope he gets a shot. 

3 hours ago, RZNJ said:

From what I read, they changed those restrictions for the 2019 season. I would imagine anyone can go now like in 2019. 

• Upvote 1

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...