DL Hall 2022

Tony-OH

7 minutes ago, yark14 said:

I love this interview.  Seems like a great kid.  You'd think minor league players could get MiLB.tv for free, but I'm impressed that he's paying for it out of pocket.  

He did sign an overslot deal as a first round pick and had a signing bonus of 3M.  He can afford MiLB.tv.

I wonder when Hall is pitching this week.  Bowie’s starters for the week are listed on milb.com as Watson, Rom,  Velez, Peek, Stallings and TBD.   I doubt they are going to hold Hall back until Sunday.

I was thinking of going Thursday if he’d be pitching then, but now I see that’s an 11 am game.   

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

I wonder when Hall is pitching this week.  Bowie’s starters for the week are listed on milb.com as Watson, Rom,  Velez, Peek, Stallings and TBD.   I doubt they are going to hold Hall back until Sunday.

I was thinking of going Thursday if he’d be pitching then, but now I see that’s an 11 am game.   

I came in here hoping to find an answer to this question too. If he were to pitch Wednesday or Thursday I’d like to go to the game. 

3 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

If things go well, I don’t see any reason for Hall to be in the minors beyond mid June or so.  Let him build up his arm for the next 4-6 weeks and once that is accomplished, if he is performing and healthy, get him up here.

I’m inclined to agree.   But let’s see how he does.  

4 minutes ago, seak05 said:

Hall has never pitched in Triple-A. Given Elias' preferences I would expect him to make many starts in Triple-A before seeing the big leagues 

He's on the 40.  Why waste a 40 man slot and blow up his age 23 season?

How long is that elbow going to hold together with him throwing 100?

Also, not that Elias isn't less than truthful at times, but he did talk about Hall pitching in the majors this year.

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

He's on the 40.  Why waste a 40 man slot and blow up his age 23 season?

How long is that elbow going to hold together with him throwing 100?

Also, not that Elias isn't less than truthful at times, but he did talk about Hall pitching in the majors this year.

I think we see Hall by Aug 1 (assuming everything goes well). As to the rest, I don't disagree...but Elias has proven that he really values the step by step approach, and I don't see him deviating