Mayo, Cowser and Norby promoted to Bowie

baltimoreO's22

16 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

I'm sure you can make a case either way.  I can see the benefit of rotating to different positions.  I also understand that there is a benefit to as many reps as possible at one position but at some point I think a plateau is reached.  Not saying any of these guys have reached a plateau but perhaps that can only be achieved at the ML level anyway. 

My problem is when your SS and 3B prospects have had consistently low fielding percentages, it might be time to get them focused by AA, and especially at AAA.

1 hour ago, Jagwar said:

I like seeing these promotions, but I'd be more thrilled if there were many exciting pitching prospects to promote. 

Peek looks like he may deserve one.   Tavera is on the IL now but has had a lot of really good outings mixed with two really bad ones.  

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

Peek looks like he may deserve one.   Tavera is on the IL now but has had a lot of really good outings mixed with two really bad ones.  

Im definitely think Peek deserves to be promoted AAA. Sooner the better. Armbruester recently got promoted to Bowie. 3 ER and no walks in his first start.  

1 hour ago, connja said:

I know we have a good system, but these promotions are starting to expose some gaps int he lower levels.  It's getting pretty bare at A and A+.  

Multiple top 100 picks in the draft and a couple DSL/FSL standouts should make lower part of system more interesting next year.  Aberdeen is the best team, by record, and they graduate to AA.  Delmarva has been really weak this year.  I think they stand to improve dramatically next year.  

8 hours ago, connja said:

I know we have a good system, but these promotions are starting to expose some gaps int he lower levels.  It's getting pretty bare at A and A+.  

This will likely be a cyclical occurrence until our DSL pipeline gets rolling. We don’t draft a lot of HS players, and the NCAA bats will start in A ball, but then hopefully move quickly. 

The draft is July 17 - July 19. We have a bunch of picks in the top 100. Delmarva will be a pretty fun team to watch August through September. 

• Upvote 1