Tatis Suspended

Il BuonO

13 hours ago, Gurgi said:

Wonder if he always was cheating and beating the test somehow or if he went to the PED's to comeback from injury.  Stupid either way but a little more understandable if he felt lots of pressure to return this year.   He might of felt some guilt since he recklessly caused his own injury in the first place.  Four wheeling or something I think.

It doesn't really matter at this point, he's only 23 and his entire career is now tainted forever. It doesn't matter what he does going forward, how well he plays and how many accolades he accumulates, Cooperstown's doors are forever closed to him in all likelihood.

Wild stuff for a guy who was supposed to be one of the faces of MLB for years to come.

13 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

I think a lot of players in a lot of sports are still cheating and that the various governing bodies mostly don't look too hard.

I think they look as hard as they can under the system in place but it's easy to beat the system unless you are either very careless or if you just have really bad timing/luck.    No doubt, guys are beating the system and it's by pure luck that some are caught.

All the players involved in Balco (Bonds) ad Biogenesis (Nelson Cruz? Cano? ) never failed a test.  At least didn't fail a test (Cano) until well after that scandal.   Cano was named in Bio but had deniability because I think his cousin or someone actually did the transactions.