Henderson coming up this week?

Roll Tide

12 minutes ago, DrinkinWithFermi said:

I believe that he would still be playoff eligible as long as he is added to the 40 man roster by the end of August 31st. If that is correct, they could add him on the 31st and officially call him up to the big league roster on September 1st when rosters expand.

Correct, I just meant that he wouldn't be playoff-eligible if added to the 40-man after August 31st.

I think he comes up and we will rotate the IF guys with days off, like we have done the OF guys recently. Nevin goes down. We will likely DFA a pitcher or Martin/Arauz for him to make room on the 40 man. Odor will still start a couple times a week but mainly will come in as a defensive sub. He’s the McKenna of the IF now. 

Today is Gunnar's only day to see Cease throwing hot before Game 1 of AL6 at AL3 should the White Sox pull out the division, and the Orioles make it in.    It might have a little more value than practicing with the WIN Reality goggles, or whatever fancier toys the Team has in Sarasota.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, interloper said:

If Gunnar comes up today, I expect him to be on the bench vs Cease. Hyde will want Odor's experience in there against the future Cy Young winner. Plus, there's a Hyde track record of letting guys get a day to catch their breath right after a callup. 

He played Adley and Stowers right away.  I doubt they call up Henderson today to sit on the bench. 

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

He played Adley and Stowers right away.  I doubt they call up Henderson today to sit on the bench. 

Obviously I hope that's the case. If anyone has the power to finally move Odor to the bench once and for all, it should be Henderson. 

11 minutes ago, interloper said:

If Gunnar comes up today, I expect him to be on the bench vs Cease. Hyde will want Odor's experience in there against the future Cy Young winner. Plus, there's a Hyde track record of letting guys get a day to catch their breath right after a callup. 

Cease is a tough RHP. I could see Urias or even Mountcastle on the bench. Gunnar took reps at 1B for a reason

10 minutes ago, interloper said:

I think if they bring him up today, he's in the lineup.   Maybe at 3B instead of Urias, getting the extra LH bat vs Cease.   Heck, we could DH Vavra and put Stowers in for Hays and have 7 lefties in the lineup.

Cease career splits .657 OPS allowed to RH, .743 allowed to LH.   This season .557/.651.

• Upvote 1

My guess is this tonight,

1. Mullins L CF

2. Adley S C

3. Santander S DH

4. Mountcastle R 1B

5. Vavra L LF

6. Stowers L RF

7.  Gunnar L 3B

8.  Odor L 2B

9.  Mateo R SS

Maybe we play Hays over Vavra or Stowers. Maybe we play Urias over Odor. I think we trot out the lefty lineup. 

6 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

My guess is this tonight,

1. Mullins L CF

2. Adley S C

3. Santander S DH

4. Mountcastle R 1B

5. Vavra L LF

6. Stowers L RF

7.  Gunnar L 3B

8.  Odor L 2B

9.  Mateo R SS

Maybe we play Hays over Vavra or Stowers. Maybe we play Urias over Odor. I think we trot out the lefty lineup. 

1. Mullins L CF

2. Adley S C

3. Santander S DH

4. Mountcastle R 1B

5. Vavra L 2B

6. Hays R LF 

7.  Gunnar L 3B

8.  Stowers L RF

9.  Mateo R SS

If we are going to start day dreaming then I will play.