Spring Training TV & Radio Broadcasts

rm5678

7 minutes ago, Since1984 said:

GRod starting tomorrow and the game will be covered by MASN2, through the Red Socks broadcast. 1:05 PM

As much as I despise not sending crews on the road last year in the regular season it doesn’t bother me for spring games. It would make sense to me to have the teams work together to provide more spring training games on TV. 

5 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

As much as I despise not sending crews on the road last year in the regular season it doesn’t bother me for spring games. It would make sense to me to have the teams work together to provide more spring training games on TV. 

I agree, would prefer MASN invest in their product at least some each year and add to their Orioles content for a growing fan base, as the competition window increases.

11 hours ago, eddie83 said:

Tomorrow is the only MASN game this spring where the announcers will not be on-site. I'm not sure why they didn't just televise an additional home game instead of the road game tomorrow that will already be on MLB TV anyway.

1 hour ago, rm5678 said:

Tomorrow is the only MASN game this spring where the announcers will not be on-site. I'm not sure why they didn't just televise an additional home game instead of the road game tomorrow that will already be on MLB TV anyway.

$$$$$$$$

On 3/17/2023 at 9:05 AM, Since1984 said:

I agree, would prefer MASN invest in their product at least some each year and add to their Orioles content for a growing fan base, as the competition window increases.

That said … this broadcast today has been hard to watch….

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Going Underground said:

Who were the announcers and how bad was it?

Melanie Newman and Dave Johnson.  And, they weren’t on-site.   Basically, they just blabbed about whatever was on their minds the entire time.  Hardly any discussion of the lesser known players or their backgrounds.  No insight of anything going on this spring training. No graphics showing pitch velocity.  It was awful.  

• Upvote 1

Melanie Newman and Dave Johnson should not work together. That was possibly the worst tv broadcast game I have ever watched. They give you nothing about the actual goings on of the game. No dead air…at all. They talked non-stop about so many trivial things, and even my 12 year old son was annoyed. We were at a tournament all day, and came home excited to watch the replay. Absolutely awful. I had to FF through much of it just to see the last two innings to see Westburg, Kjerstad and Cowser.