The One Person That We Can't Lose To Injury...

Bahama O's Fan

It’s Adley and then a fight for #2. There’s no real clear choice. I could see Henderson, I could see Mullins. I could even see Mountcastle if the backup is O’Hearn and if Mountcastle is having a great season as his peripherals last year seem to indicate he was unlucky. 

In regards to pitching, G-Rod is an interesting choice because, as mentioned, it might be a delay in his development again.  There’s also no one on the staff with his ceiling. 

Edited by Moose Milligan

2 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

It’s Adley and then a fight for #2. There’s no real clear choice. I could see Henderson, I could see Mullins. I could even see Mountcastle if the backup is O’Hearn and if Mountcastle is having a great season as his peripherals last year seem to indicate he was unlucky. 

In regards to pitching, G-Rod is an interesting choice because, as mentioned, it might be a delay in his development again.  There’s also no one on the staff with his ceiling. 

I thought about Mountcastle too but I think/hope Santander and Stowers could pass there on a regular basis and Cowser (gulp) could come up to play RF. 

21 hours ago, connja said:

I think the biggest replacement level gap we have is 1B.  Maybe even more than C.

I think most teams do not have good backup 1B options. If you can hit many times teams push those guys to the big leagues. At the more important defensive positions seems to me teams value both sides of the ball more and want a more rounded player. That said clearly there would be a drop off. I just think it’s more significant with Adley. 

One possibility with Mullins is Cowser. If he could be adequate could offset his loss but Mullins is hard to replace as well. 

On 2/11/2023 at 8:27 PM, InsideCoroner said:

I would say Grayson, because if he goes down a second year in a row, it might mean we never get to see him fulfill his potential.

I agree with this, for the sake of the future of the team. I still shudder about Bundy being a young phenom and then getting hurt and never returning to the lofty heights of his original talent again. Fingers crossed that Grayson avoids any major injury that could hurt his development/future.