Anyone tried the Immaculate Grid game?

Frobby

Today scanning the answer key I learned there was once a pitcher named General Crowder, who notched a 20-win season for the non-Orioles Orioles in St. Louis.

I had a bad Dennis Martinez guess on 20-game winners, as I remembered him having a spike year and knew he won almost 250 games, but the spike year and black ink was the '81 strike season.

But any day discovering a new 80 baseball name is a good day.

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

Managed a 115 rarity score and 9/9 today.  No spectacularly low answers but nothing higher than 17% either.  

I hadn't gotten 9/9 in well over a week and was growing frustrated.  So I didn't care too much for rarity, my goal was just to get 9/9 and I succeeded.   Rarity score 154:

Spoiler

Pedro Martinez, Gio Gonzalez, Tim Raines

Cecil Cooper, Sal Bando, Lorenzo Cain

JD Martinez, Mike Fiers, Jose Altuve

3 hours ago, SteveA said:

I hadn't gotten 9/9 in well over a week and was growing frustrated.  So I didn't care too much for rarity, my goal was just to get 9/9 and I succeeded.   Rarity score 154:

Hide contents

Pedro Martinez, Gio Gonzalez, Tim Raines

Cecil Cooper, Sal Bando, Lorenzo Cain

JD Martinez, Mike Fiers, Jose Altuve

We had three answers in common.   I avoided the guy you picked for Houston 30 SB guy, figuring he’d be a very popular answer.  Came up with someone else I was pretty sure of and saved a lot of points, though it was at least a little bit of a risk.