Anyone tried the Immaculate Grid game?

Frobby

On 9/21/2023 at 9:31 AM, Moose Milligan said:

Well, they went ahead and did it.  You can go back and play previous grids and play ones you've missed.  All the scores are tracked, too.

Just what I needed, more ways to waste my time.   I got an 8/9 on Grid no. 1.   I don’t think their archive of past scores goes back past when BB-ref acquired the Grid, because this says my first game was July 11 but I started playing in late June.  

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Frobby said:

Got a 9/9, 142 today.  I was surprised how popular my answer for Reds/Tigers was, at 39%.   Heck, I was just happy to think of someone.

You beat me by 2, I had 9/9, 144.

Spoiler

Don Gullett, Ichiro, Roger Clemens

Frank Robinson, Nap Lajoie, Dennis Eckersley

Jose Iglesias, Al Kaline, Justin Verlander

My big mistake, rarity-wise, was not thinking of Lolich or McClain for the Detroit 200K guys.   I am not quite old enough to have seen them but I am certainly aware of them.  Verlander was 54 of my 144 points.

9/9, 87 rarity score today.  I’ve had a pretty good run (for me) lately, with 9/9 in 5 of the last 10 games.  Is it my imagination, or are the Saturday grids a little easier than the rest?  I’ve gotten a 9/9 four Saturdays in a row.  

Started playing the back games, and got a 33 on Grid # 2.   That’s my second best score to date. 

This morning was a cakewalk.  9/9 112 rarity score.  Took about 3 minutes.

Spoiler

Dave Winfield, Chone Figgins, Gary Pettis

Frank Thomas, Lance Johnson, Ozzie Guillen

Rickey Henderson, Davey Lopes, Cody Bellinger

Gary Pettis is a good answer anytime an Angels 30 steals/GG square comes up.  Davey Lopes, former Orioles first base coach, longtime Dodger steals threat.  

On 9/23/2023 at 9:57 AM, Frobby said:

9/9, 87 rarity score today.  I’ve had a pretty good run (for me) lately, with 9/9 in 5 of the last 10 games.  Is it my imagination, or are the Saturday grids a little easier than the rest?  I’ve gotten a 9/9 four Saturdays in a row.  

Started playing the back games, and got a 33 on Grid # 2.   That’s my second best score to date. 

Saturday grids are easier.  They always put up more season stats/award winners.  

3 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

This morning was a cakewalk.  9/9 112 rarity score.  Took about 3 minutes.

Hide contents

Dave Winfield, Chone Figgins, Gary Pettis

Frank Thomas, Lance Johnson, Ozzie Guillen

Rickey Henderson, Davey Lopes, Cody Bellinger

Gary Pettis is a good answer anytime an Angels 30 steals/GG square comes up.  Davey Lopes, former Orioles first base coach, longtime Dodger steals threat.  

Currently looking at 87. Made some hay with the Blue Jays column and the LAD GG.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

9/9 134 rarity score

Reveal hidden contents

Rick Dempsey .9%, David Dellucci .6%, Curt Blefary 1%

Randy Johnson, Matt Williams, Willie McCovey

Steve Balboni, Zack Greinke, Bob Hamelin.

Greinke tanked the rarity score all by himself at 76%.  

I didn't do as well as you.   

I was proud of myself for getting 3.43% total for my Oriole row, but you beat that.

Spoiler

My Oriole row:  Eliot Maddox, TJ McFarland, Al Bumbry.

• Upvote 1

9/9 47 rarity score

Spoiler

Alex Ochoa, Steve Avery, Mario Soto

Mike Morgan, Andres Galarraga, Fergie Jenkins

Dave Winfield, Mark Teixeira, Nolan Ryan

Twins/Reds was making my head hurt and I don't know why I thought of Alex Ochoa.  Probably because at one point he was an Orioles prospect that we traded for, I think, Bobby Bonilla...and teenage Moose thought that Ochoa, due to his prodigious throwing arm, was going to be the next Roberto Clemente.  It was Ochoa and Curtis Goodwin and those two were going to make the Orioles champions for a long time.  Anyway, I remembered Ochoa played for the Reds at one point and I was tired of thinking about it. Could think of a lot of Reds players, a lot of Twins players but no one that overlapped.  

Surprised Dave Winfield was only 2%.