Orioles related trade rumors and speculation leading up to the deadline

Roll Tide

55 minutes ago, Malike said:

Lynn is being plagued by LHB this year. The OPS from LHB is ~.300 points higher than his career and the BABIP against LHB is near .400. I'm not saying go after him either, but he's striking a ton of people out and his FIP is about a run and a half better than his ERA.

Lynn hasn't been a good pitcher this year he's a hard pass for me.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/split.fcgi?id=lynnla01&year=2023&t=p

image.thumb.png.fd64aa3258e23436751e6645002eb895.png

Edited by OsFanSinceThe80s

Now the Padres are back to taking calls for Hader and Snell, and even allow a 10% opportunity for teams to make a trade for Soto.

https://www.mlb.com/news/mlb-rumors-trades-and-signings?t=trades-and-transactions

I don't think the Padres even know what they want to do. Because what they want to do (win the World Series) is not a possibility and the owner gathered all this debt a year ago thinking it would be easy.  They could also be attempted some haggling tactics to drive up the price for any would-be suitors who are interested in mentioned players.

4 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Lynn hasn't been a good pitcher this year he's a hard pass for me.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/split.fcgi?id=lynnla01&year=2023&t=p

image.thumb.png.fd64aa3258e23436751e6645002eb895.png

Really not sure what you posted or why, but this is why he hasn't been good this year like I stated in my original post. I'm pretty sure I said I'm not interested as well, but yeah.

image.thumb.png.342d5a1abde8f05c0d7532fa6d15b918.png

Just now, Malike said:

Really not sure what you posted or why, but this is why he hasn't been good this year like I stated in my original post. I'm pretty sure I said I'm not interested as well, but yeah.

image.thumb.png.342d5a1abde8f05c0d7532fa6d15b918.png

That would be me responding to the wrong comment, I read joelala's comment in your reply and meant to replay back to him.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

Now the Padres are back to taking calls for Hader and Snell, and even allow a 10% opportunity for teams to make a trade for Soto.

https://www.mlb.com/news/mlb-rumors-trades-and-signings?t=trades-and-transactions

I don't think the Padres even know what they want to do. Because what they want to do (win the World Series) is not a possibility and the owner gathered all this debt a year ago thinking it would be easy.  They could also be attempted some haggling tactics to drive up the price for any would-be suitors who are interested in mentioned players.

Trading Soto now would be a great, needed move for the Padres.  I can't see the O's getting in on it though they could certainly use him.  Maybe the Twins, Brewers or Blue Jays pursue him?  Can't see the Padres trading him to the Giants or anyone else in the NL West that could use him, though it's possible.

I saw DeRosa pumping up Lynn (his Team USA ace) the other day, spinning yarns like it'd take him three hours to become a clubhouse leader, and model pitching with edge fastballs at the top of the zone.

I do tinfoil hat give Lynn a little bit of a pass for maybe not being super invested in these White Sox the year after LaRussa.    When a Player sees an Org indulging a whim, it might be disheartening from a buy in perspective.

Including the freshly qualified Kyle Bradish, there are just 28 Active Roster SP in the 2023 AL.

Lynn today is 28th in ERA (aka Last - Lyles 2nd worst, Gibson 5th worst, Kremer 6th worst), 12th in k-bb, and 21st in Stuff+.     Basically one each of 0th percentile, 25th and 50th by those 3 measurements.    He has a 112 ERA+ in 1800-odd innings, and may or may not be toast.

1 hour ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

They had the #1 minor league system in baseball a few years back, and then they started buying free agents and trading away a lot of their talent. I remember thinking at the time that they were rushing and not taking advantage of having such a solid minor league system

• Like 1