It is beyond me why the Orioles EVER throw ANYTHING to him to hit

banks703

I can’t find the other thread for this but good God. Stop pitching to Aaron Fing Judge. Even John Smoltz is saying to not pitch to him even with a man on first. His numbers against the Orioles are video game like. How stupid is it to throw him ANYTHING? JFC 

They threw off his routine by holding him out for what, ten days?

I’d suggest that this should force them to pursue a starter but I doubt they will.

Coming into this series Judge’s number against the O’s:

In 91 career games

103 hits
38 homers
19 doubles
83 RBI
.312 AVG
.434 SLG
1.149 OPS

It is idiotic to pitch to the guy.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Wells to IL.   He wasn’t right in the Dodgers start.  He’s a command guy who now walks more guys than he strikes out.   You’ll find out he’s been hiding elbow or shoulder discomfort.  Just saying.

He certainly doesn't look right and I don't want him near the mound.  ME needs to add pitching.

6 hours ago, RZNJ said:

Wells to IL.   He wasn’t right in the Dodgers start.  He’s a command guy who now walks more guys than he strikes out.   You’ll find out he’s been hiding elbow or shoulder discomfort.  Just saying.

Did Wells go to the IL or you think he needs to go to the IL.

18 minutes ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

I've been saying this for two years. He clobbers the O's. Don't let him do it. Make someone else beat you. I sure hope we don't see these guys in the playoffs. 

It wouldn't bother me a bit to see "these guys".  We can play with anybody.  

You can get anyone out if you can pitch.

In the 1934 All Star Game played at the Polo Grounds, Hubbell produced one of baseball's most memorable moments by striking out five future Hall of Famers in succession: Babe Ruth, Lou Gehrig, Jimmie Foxx, Al Simmons and Joe Cronin.[7] This happened in an era where the strikeout was far less common than today and was regarded as an undesirable outcome for hitters, not merely an acceptable byproduct of swinging for the fences

16 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Good players beat you. That’s what they do. 

In regards to pitching to him, it’s the competition. If it were me out there, I’d want to try to get him out, too. 

Judge hits homers, that’s what he does.  Take the logic in the OP, apply it to all teams, they’d just walk him all the time. Even Barry Bonds got pitched to. 

I’m more disappointed in giving up a homer to Higgy and a bases loaded double to IKF to put the game out of reach. 

Get everyone else out, don’t let Judge hit with men on base. Don’t let chumps like IKF and Higgy drive in 5+. 

Just looked up Barry Bonds stats, his 2004 year was crazy. He had a 609 OBP, driven by 232 BB (120 intentional) in 617 plate appearances. And in the 373 AB where he did get pitched to, he hit .362 with 45 HR. 

Insane.

• Upvote 2