Tuesday, August 29: Dean Kremer goes for win #13 vs White Sox

SteveA

Just now, Alasdaire said:

I'm sorry, but this seems completely unnecessary.

Three run lead at home with a guy dealing on the mound and one out to finish the inning against a bad team and you pull him to put in the rookie who has the most innings out of the bullpen this year and has just been elevated to closer and make him pitch then sit then pitch again?

Wouldn't be my pick either.

3 hours ago, SteveA said:

Probably Not Available
DL Hall 1.1 IP, 17p  last night;  1.0 IP, 10p Saturday

I don't see any back to backs in his 2023 Game Log.

In fact, I believe last night when his first relief appearance on even 1 days rest - Game Log looks like everything before 2 days off minimum.

I watch lots of baseball talk shows and it is great to be the team that is playing way ABOVE expectation than like San Diego playing way BELOW.   Still doesnt make figuring out how we are doing it any easier.  Seems to be a case of the sum of our parts being better.  We have somewhat a secret sauce it seems.  

Most national evaluations cant really figure it out.  One stressed we were not really GREAT at anything except maybe Bautista.  

1 minute ago, accinfo said:

Either trade him at his highest value or the following year when he is a free agent.  They are not going to sign him.

No one in the minors has come close to proving to be a worthy replacement.  Cowser and Stowers could take all of next year to figure it out -- maybe longer.  Kjerstad may not even be an outfielder.  Maybe if they trade for someone as good or better but very unlikely.  If they are not going to re-sign him and they don't have a proven replacement then maybe better to let him walk and figure it out next offseason.  It's too risky to trade him without someone banging down the door and forcing himself into his role.