Jackson Holliday 2024

btdart20

3 minutes ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

Not to be critical, but something seems off with his face in that pic.

He is 20 and looks like the Joker.  Or a Kardaisan after a bad facelift. 

You seem to be hyper critical of Holliday. Do you just not like the kid? Is it the family? Something else?

17 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

It’s 30 at bats Tony. 

K rate and whiff rate are significant pretty quickly, 60 PAs for K rate, and he would be the worst in the league by a country mile in K rate and whiff rate if he qualified.  Even though he's short of a significant sample, when you're this bad, even regressing his small sample leads you to troubling conclusions regarding his readiness.

36 minutes ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

Not to be critical, but something seems off with his face in that pic.

He is 20 and looks like the Joker.  Or a Kardaisan after a bad facelift. 

I guess you have never taken a bad picture?

42 minutes ago, Hallas said:

K rate and whiff rate are significant pretty quickly, 60 PAs for K rate, and he would be the worst in the league by a country mile in K rate and whiff rate if he qualified.  Even though he's short of a significant sample, when you're this bad, even regressing his small sample leads you to troubling conclusions regarding his readiness.

30 at bats.

47 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

You seem to be hyper critical of Holliday. Do you just not like the kid? Is it the family? Something else?

He only comes around when something is bad. I don’t think the dude has said one good thing about how the team has been playing lately but has been victory lapping about how Holliday is no Machado. 

Just now, Moose Milligan said:

He only comes around when something is bad. I don’t think the dude has said one good thing about how the team has been playing lately but has been victory lapping about how Holliday is no Machado. 

But he almost traded a $200 bowling ball for a Eddie Murray auto, so he’s a super fan!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Does that mean Holliday can hit a slider?

16 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I can’t judge how some people choose to fan. But I can’t say that I haven’t noticed a couple of posters who appear to be extremely negative and critical. My curiosity is if you can’t be happy at a time like this, I guess they may only be happy once we have a parade?

11 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

I can’t judge how some people choose to fan. But I can’t say that I haven’t noticed a couple of posters who appear to be extremely negative and critical. My curiosity is if you can’t be happy at a time like this, I guess they may only be happy once we have a parade?

That’s right. Hard not to be happy right now. 

The weird thing in this thread is how little the service time aspect is mentioned. If you send him down, you keep him for another year. The reason he was brought up before the service time cutoff was the chance for a draft pick if he wins ROY, and the chance of that has gone way down.

I don't think it makes much of a difference in his development which league he's in, but why not just take the extra year at this point? The rest of the impact is minimal in comparison.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, SilverRocket said:

The weird thing in this thread is how little the service time aspect is mentioned. If you send him down, you keep him for another year. The reason he was brought up before the service time cutoff was the chance for a draft pick if he wins ROY, and the chance of that has gone way down.

I don't think it makes much of a difference in his development which league he's in, but why not just take the extra year at this point? The rest of the impact is minimal in comparison.

are any of the rookies doing good? his odds maybe aren't down that bad.