Jackson Holliday 2024

btdart20

9 minutes ago, survivedc said:

Can someone please get rid of this guy? Hasn’t he violated some rules or something? Not sure I remember another poster making this board this unenjoyable.

I was talking about JH.  Nothing else.   2 posters insulted my wife.....for zero reason.   I was not discussing her.  Yet I should  be  the one banned?

Ok.

Edited by OnlyOneOriole

3 hours ago, now said:

Good idea batting him behind Kjerstad... like a big brother to show how it's done. 

Apparently he is teaching him how to strike out.  All the young studs must struggle apparently. 

• Upvote 1

I really do think that it will be good for Holliday (not just the ML club’s win%) to send him back down now. He needs to work on some things, it’s completely clear. You don’t learn a whole lot by being dominated in the MLB. He will at least gain confidence by getting better results in the minors, and the coaches can work on his weaknesses at the plate.

8 hours ago, Malike said:

I think he gets more games. They gave Cowser 77 PA last season, Holliday isn't halfway there yet.

Cowser did significantly better in his first 32 PA than Holliday did.  

That said, baby steps in the right direction tonight.  

• Upvote 2

It looks like this thread went left … I mean right. Or wherever a couple of posters were trying to take this discussion about Jackson Holliday overnight. 

Good on you for feeling the need to express you political views. The only problem is that is a very clear violation of the rules. I believe it’s rule 15 that states no discussing politics.

Now, back to Holliday… It was encouraging that he at least got another knock last night on a ball who’s EV was 103/104 (I believe).

I think that the Orioles will and probably should continue to show patience with the youngster despite it being a painful process. Because of the upside of what’s on the other side of this. Look at Gunnar, Adley, Westy, and Cowser now. If we can hang in there, continue to score runs and win games while the kid learns, we will most likely have another stud by some time toward the end of the season (regardless of what his overall numbers look like). 

He may not win rookie of the year or even best rookie on his own team. But IF he can help us and make a difference by October, it is worth the sacrifice IMO. And many of us (like with so many other times during Elias’ tenure) will say “I’m glad that they didn’t listen to me”.

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Had a hit last night, lined one off the pitcher. 

Keep sending him out there. 

This. 

He should have had two hits last night.

Not sure if Hyde will play him this afternoon with a lefty starting but I don't see a need to send him down.

We’re developing Holliday for September/October. He’s done everything he needs to do in the minors. 100 win teams still lose 62 games a year. It’s funny how a fan base goes from losing for 20 years basically to quickly spoiled. “Two game losing streak”. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, .500_OR_BETTER said:

This. 

He should have had two hits last night.

Not sure if Hyde will play him this afternoon with a lefty starting but I don't see a need to send him down.

Just trying to keep it real here.  The line drive off Moore was 75 mph and the SS would have easily fielded it if it had hit Moore.  Holliday opening up, reaching for the ball on the outside corner and catches it off the end of the bat.

8 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

We’re developing Holliday for September/October. He’s done everything he needs to do in the minors. 100 win teams still lose 62 games a year. It’s funny how a fan base goes from losing for 20 years basically to quickly spoiled. “Two game losing streak”. 

Sure, let’s sit back and see how much patience Elias and Hyde have.   I don’t think they have as much as you seem to think.