2024 Ongoing Lineup Thread

spleen1015

15 minutes ago, Malike said:

SIGBOT's computer seemed to like Adley, Gunnar and Jordan W. 😉

Yeah, Westburg is the exception for what I’m about to say.  Special players like Gunnar, Rutschman, Holliday, and Basallo will be treated differently than the rest.  The others are going to have to work their way into more AB or wait for a break (pun mildly intended).

6 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Exactly. Regardless of whether he has "final say" he's given a lineup that has been run through many factors, and I doubt he's changing much unless it's due to illness or information of health that comes out late. Hyde didn't keep his job through the bad years because he bucked the system and wanted to go off gut. 

And if he deviates he better have a darn good reason because his choices are getting audited.  

4 minutes ago, spleen1015 said:

Listen to Eve answer this question.

At 4:49 she says Hyde sets the lineup.

I’m sure he does. But I also feel confident in saying that he sets the lineup based on the 9 that SIGBOT gives him. 

Like, he’s not gonna get in trouble if he bats Gunnar leadoff or Adley leadoff. I believe there’s some flexibility there that allows him to feel like he has some say-so. 

7 minutes ago, spleen1015 said:

Listen to Eve answer this question.

At 4:49 she says Hyde sets the lineup.

Thx for the find. 

My takeaway wasn’t that Hyde sets the lineup instead that heavily collaborative effort in conjunction with analytics, scouting, trainers etc.  

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

I’m sure he does. But I also feel confident in saying that he sets the lineup based on the 9 that SIGBOT gives him. 

Like, he’s not gonna get in trouble if he bats Gunnar leadoff or Adley leadoff. I believe there’s some flexibility there that allows him to feel like he has some say-so. 

Eve basically admits as much when she explains how the lineups are set. Hyde meets with the advanced scouting team and reviews the statistics. Hyde isn't given the latitude that Earl Weaver had back in the day to set the lineup as he pleased.

24 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

29 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

She says Hyde talks to the Wizards and the Magicians give Hyde a bunch of information. That is not the same as giving Hyde the nine guys and let him sort out the order. My impression is that Hyde sets the lineup but he is getting tons of input and they are all on the same page. It's not really a question of "latitude" since Hyde is buying into the process and vice versa. 

1 minute ago, Aristotelian said:

She says Hyde talks to the Wizards and the Magicians give Hyde a bunch of information. That is not the same as giving Hyde the nine guys and let him sort out the order. My impression is that Hyde sets the lineup but he is getting tons of input and they are all on the same page. It's not really a question of "latitude" since Hyde is buying into the process and vice versa. 

Oh geez, the Wizards are terrible what does Jordan Poole know about Baseball, he barely knows Basketball?