2024 Ongoing Lineup Thread

spleen1015

5 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

Over confident much?

Unless you know something that I don’t know (like the fix being in or something) then they still have to play the game. And there are a lot of factors that will effect the outcome of the game.

When I see people/posters making statements as wild as the one that you are exclaiming, I assume/hope that it is said in jest.

Relax. Trust me.

This is about as even as a matchup as you can get. Cortes’ great numbers vs us going against our #4/5. That offsets any home field advantage. Factor in the Yankees tax that always sways the line because they are a “public team”. The fact that our bullpen tonight is only Webb/Ramirez tonight is why they are favored. All things being equal/canceling out. 

23 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

Relax. Trust me.

I’m not sure what to do with this. I’m not sure what my ability/inability to relax has to do with your declarative statement that there is ZERO  chance that the Orioles lose tonight?

And then as far as “trust” goes - uh do you make a habit out of trusting people that you don’t know and have never met? I’m more aligned with former US President Ronald Reagan when it comes to trust, when he once famously said, “Trust. But verify.”

2 hours ago, Bemorewins said:

I’m not sure what to do with this. I’m not sure what my ability/inability to relax has to do with your declarative statement that there is ZERO  chance that the Orioles lose tonight?

And then as far as “trust” goes - uh do you make a habit out of trusting people that you don’t know and have never met? I’m more aligned with former US President Ronald Reagan when it comes to trust, when he once famously said, “Trust. But verify.”

Never in doubt

6 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

Never in doubt

Alrighty. Are you able to tap into your clairvoyant powers and perhaps personal message me the winning lottery or upcoming power all numbers?

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

Kjerstad!  Oh boy! 

Proceeds to go 0-4 with 2 K's, gets buried on the bench for another week, then abruptly sent back to Norfolk. The bum.

Well it looks like all of you who have wanted Kjerstad have gotten your wish. I hope he goes yard or at least get's a knock tonight. We gotta be patient against Gil tonight. He will walk you if you let him.

20 minutes ago, deward said:

Proceeds to go 0-4 with 2 K's, gets buried on the bench for another week, then abruptly sent back to Norfolk. The bum.

He was always being sent back to Norfolk when Hays comes back. Glad he's getting a start, and if he hits, I'm sure he'll see more. If he goes 0-4 with 2K's that will put him at 0-9 with 5K's, SSS, clearly.

4 minutes ago, Malike said:

He was always being sent back to Norfolk when Hays comes back. Glad he's getting a start, and if he hits, I'm sure he'll see more. If he goes 0-4 with 2K's that will put him at 0-9 with 5K's, SSS, clearly.

Yeah I think he goes back down along with McKenna when Hays comes back with Norby joining him.  They want Ryan for a defensive replacement in the outfield while Hays is out but once Hays is there he can be that guy and then Norby can come in and play some second and also outfield.  Elias has said he very close so that tells me he is here by June 1 if not earlier.